Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 687 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the liberating feeling of lap bars on coasters. Hope they are comfy, don't want another Thighcrush...I mean Skyrush:tease:
Ooof are they that bad? I've never experienced the Intamin lap bar but looking at them they appear to be functionally similar to Copperhead Strike's lap bars which I didn't mind at all.

Reactions: tankart150
Ooof are they that bad? I've never experienced the Intamin lap bar but looking at them they appear to be functionally similar to Copperhead Strike's lap bars which I didn't mind at all.

Skyrush was a first-generation version of the restraints. Problem is Intamin uses hydraulics to "lock" in the bar which allows for a near-infinite amount of sizes it can adjust to. BUT it also allows the bar to go down more throughout the ride. This normally isn't an issue when it's a traditional T-lap bar between your legs but when it's over head it keeps going down and down, aka thigh crush.

Skyrush was a first-generation version of the restraints. Problem is Intamin uses hydraulics to "lock" in the bar which allows for a near-infinite amount of sizes it can adjust to. BUT it also allows the bar to go down more throughout the ride. This normally isn't an issue when it's a traditional T-lap bar between your legs but when it's over head it keeps going down and down, aka thigh crush.
It also doesn't help that Skyrush as a coaster design tries to murder you. Which exacerbates the issues

I thought Hagrid was quite comfortable...How much different are we expecting for this I wonder?

I agree Hagrid's is comfortable, little tight though for my apparently football player type build haha.

Storytime... In around 2010 or 2011 I rode my first real coaster(Gwazi). After that ride I became coaster crazy, previously I was terrified of coasters. When I visited Hersheypark I was thrilled to be able to ride the first winged coaster in the USA: Skyrush. Had a fun day riding all the coasters and I saved Skyrush for the very end of the day. I end up sitting on the wing...very excited. After the first drop the pain starts. The lap bar felt like I was being repeatedly being hit in the thigh with a dull axe and it went on for the whole ride! Take in mind, whilel I am rather strapping and a little heavy now, I was a lot smaller then. The layout on the ride itself was great, however those bars were unforgivable. I would ride it again to see if somehow things have changed or if it was just my body dimensions. In the end it was an unforgettable ride.

Let's hope this ride will be comfortable as all coasters should be and I am sure it will be :grin: *not sarcasm*

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.