Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks!

I just noticed something...

That gate in the first picture is NOT the same gate as in the second. They changed it! I never noticed that. I wonder why? And when? Both pictures are pretty old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to edit my above post again but it wouldn't let me lol. So double posting it is!

It appears that the gate that was in the first picture of my new set (during construction) was definitely a stand-in gate, that actually much more closely resembles that of the one in the movie (although I don't think it actually is the real one). Not only are the details on the gate very similiar, but even the lettering of "Jurassic Park" is exact:

Gate_Entrance_%282%29.JPG

As you can see in the below pic, they changed the gate to the one we have always had ever since the ride actually opened at the premiere. The lettering for "Jurassic Park" is different, and they use a completely different rock-like texture on the entire gate.

1996_flame.jpg

I can't believe I never realized this before! I really do wonder why they changed it?

Reactions: William
It was most likely a construction wall decoration similar to the Bumblebee on the Transformers walls back when that was under construction.

I only hope JW will breathe fresh air into the franchise for a new generation.  I am not liking the hybrid dinosaur talk.  I don't mind props and elements from the film in the queue or out front, but keep the ride original.  And show it some love!

The ride was working very well last week, all except the Jeep.

If they change a thing other than fixing the dinos I will lead a one man riot and chain myself to the dispatch.

All seriousness though, as expensive as that ride would be to overhaul, I doubt they will re theme it. And I sincerely hope they don't. Perhaps we'll see a summer tie in as they did with the previous two films.

And that damn Jeep is so much trouble to maintain but I love it so...

I wish they would fix the electrical firing in the raptor pen fence to make the zapping effect work again...it was so engaging.

Double sided coin: Nice way to advertise the film to have those logos out and just for the summer renameing it

Jurassic World and to have whoever runs Jurassic world narrate but the fans of the ride would flip. For me, I'd be

fine with a Summer retheme but no major changes.

Last time I went to ush (May 29th) the jeep was on and off all day. Some rides it worked and some rides it didn't work.

That's a question only minions know.. I'm just wondering but. And i'm just throwing this out but if Jurassic World makes 400 million dollars or above in box office, maybe a redo could happen. But I am getting ahead of myself so yea.

Jurassic Park: Behind the ScenesUniversal Studios Hollywood

Producer for Universal Special Events

Producer of a 30,000 square foot interactive display and tribute to the "Jurassic Park" movie phenomenon. Created in collaboration with director Steven Spielberg, this exhibit utilized equity from his private collection and focused on the new cutting edge technology of this groundbreaking movie. Guests had a rare opportunity to step behind the scenes and experience interactive exhibits including CGI, motion activated animation and Stan Winston puppetry. The attraction, housed in a Universal Studio back lot sound stage, entertained up to twenty thousand guests daily during a five month run.

jp_vertical.jpg

jp_vehicle.jpg

jp_dino.jpg

From

http://www.creativeintegrity.net/exhibits.html