Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
These guys. (Finally found those pictures I'd been looking for)

100_0724_zps2f366c55.jpg

This used to mostly be used more often in the original Special Effects Stages and outside of Jurassic Park when the ride was down. It's used more often around the lower lot now a days.

It's very clunky, loud, plasticy, and super fake, and while it's fun to CONTROL it (I've had a chance to! Kinda fun :) ), I'd rather they have a realistic costumed walk around raptor...

Why do you think Orlando's is superior in terms of foliage?
Well just look at the vids... there is a lot of green in the one in Orlando. It might be for obvious reasons that it rains a lot in Orlando, but it's not like Universal doesn't have any money to install sprinklers or something. Look at the vids and it looks so inmersive. There are a lot of trees and a lot of green. Just greener.Just compare 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pmrbOImoBzU?feature=oembed

I love Orlando's version. I wish USH brought back the old fashioned BIG splash of water. (Not the water cannons)

Reactions: JaySalahi
Well just look at the vids... there is a lot of green in the one in Orlando. It might be for obvious reasons that it rains a lot in Orlando, but it's not like Universal doesn't have any money to install sprinklers or something. Look at the vids and it looks so inmersive. There are a lot of trees and a lot of green. Just greener.Just compare
Orlando has a lot more space for greenery, which would contribute to the immersion. They have room for larger trees to fill up larger space, which really makes you feel like you're in the middle of an island with no boundaries.

One thing that I've found to be an unnecessary aesthetic addition to the ride is the "lava" in Stegosaurus Springs that they added around 2009. It looks ugly, fake, and unnecessary. It honestly looks like either dino vomit, or what I hear the most (and agree on) is that it looks like spilled ketchup and mustard. Really gross and fake and....random. if they actually made the springs act and look like real natural springs (which Disney has accomplished amazingly in Tokyo in Mysterious Island). But as of now, it looks super bad, and even worse now since it's faded multiple times.

Reactions: JaySalahi and steve
One thing that I've found to be an unnecessary aesthetic addition to the ride is the "lava" in Stegosaurus Springs that they added around 2009. It looks ugly, fake, and unnecessary. It honestly looks like either dino vomit, or what I hear the most (and agree on) is that it looks like spilled ketchup and mustard. Really gross and fake and....random. if they actually made the springs act and look like real natural springs (which Disney has accomplished amazingly in Tokyo in Mysterious Island). But as of now, it looks super bad, and even worse now since it's faded multiple times.
Last time, my friend noticed the mini-eruption happening behind the mama stegosaurus' tail, and thought it was supposed to be blood coming from the her tail. :lol:

Me and Ruben thought it was blood for the longest time until I realized it was actually lava!

Yeah, see? That shouldn't be the thought, especially in that scene. I mean, and first they kinda made it look like lava, but then it kept fading and it looks like crap and they keep repainting it in a horrible way. If they added somw steam bursts, it would maybe make more sense.

Also, I don't think John Hammond would keep innocent herbivores around active springs that spurt frikin lava....

Reactions: William
Yeah, see? That shouldn't be the thought, especially in that scene. I mean, and first they kinda made it look like lava, but then it kept fading and it looks like crap and they keep repainting it in a horrible way. If they added somw steam bursts, it would maybe make more sense.

Also, I don't think John Hammond would keep innocent herbivores around active springs that spurt frikin lava....
... because he spares no expense... ... Kind of ironic that lately this is the ride in which they chose to spare every expense

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BehindTheTheme