Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't want to see Jurassic World additions to JPRA... I'd rather see actual JW additions to the Lower Lot itself instead...

speaking of JW, it annoys me that they have a "river attraction" in the film called "Cretaceous Cruise" instead of calling it "River Adventure", of course the fact that its also not using the JPRA style "raft" boats as well is also disappointing. It would've been nice to see a direct nod the existing ride rather than an indirect one. .....of course in a perfect movie, we would've seen the boat get knocked off course into the raptor containment area :p

I'd rather have standalone JW attractions too, but I'm using Universal's mentality at the moment. If they do decide to completely revamp and refurbish the ride properly, they'll probably want to add a few little references to Jurassic World for marketing. Even though it isn't necessary, JPRA can be popular by itself IF IT WORKS PROPERLY lol.

And I 100% agree with you. Having a kayak cruise was also kinda silly, too unpredictable with what may happen. Would've been an amazing easter egg to have an identical boat to JPRA floating through in that scene.

Welp... if this doesn't give Concast/Universal a kick in the butt in regards to restoring JPRA & expanding the area to include another JP ride, then I don't know what will... Jurassic World is now the 3rd highest grossing movie, just behind Titanic/Avatar.. On top of this, we now have a date for Jurassic World 2!...

pZTtTb2.jpg

Now if we're getting a new ride of some kind for 2017... I would say 2018 would be the perfect time to open a new JP ride. Although, if I were Universal I would be scrambling around right now green-lighting some big new JP addition(s) to the Lower Lot ASAP after JW's success.

With the amount of projects Universal has on they're hands for all the parks, and for the upcoming Bejing..I doubt we're getting anything major in JP anytime soon.

Don't be so quick to think that. Projects and time-tables get shifted around a lot, just look at Orlando for example which has multiple projects in the works that are constantly changing/shifting. Also keep in mind that the other parks (especially Beijing) don't necessarily affect what is going on at USH or Orlando. They're all separately run.

Welp... if this doesn't give Concast/Universal a kick in the butt in regards to restoring JPRA & expanding the area to include another JP ride, then I don't know what will... Jurassic World is now the 3rd highest grossing movie, just behind Titanic/Avatar.. On top of this, we now have a date for Jurassic World 2!...

pZTtTb2.jpg

Now if we're getting a new ride of some kind for 2017... I would say 2018 would be the perfect time to open a new JP ride. Although, if I were Universal I would be scrambling around right now green-lighting some big new JP addition(s) to the Lower Lot ASAP after JW's success.
We really need something JP related right now ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would hope they would green light a brand new Jurassic World/Park ride now, especially after this (obvious) sequel announcement and the franchise being where it is. But if they don't at LEAST green light a proper & complete refurbishment & update of JPRA, then the people at Universal are hopeless fools. I mean, to not take advantage of updating your most out of date ride while the franchise is super hot again, and either tying it in or simply updating it to be as it was when it opened, boggles my mind.

And the excuse that they have "other projects" to worry about and their hands are full...guess what. Comcast has money. They'll hire more hands, fund it, and get it done. Someone just needs to step up to the plate.

Reactions: DonRaf
And the hilarious.... yet really sad & awful part about all of this is that Universal is still pushing Jurassic World hard on facebook and I keep seeing the "You've seen the movie, Now experience the ride" (or whatever the wording is) JW/JPRA commercial on tv.. sigh..

Oh well, at least we know they're making an effort to do "something" I guess..

Reactions: Bonkers
I think it's time for an intervention. We should all voice our concerns to Universal both online, as well as write a letter. I'm definitely going to do it. With prices growing, the ride is getting worse in worse. Fans of Disneyland Paris voiced their concerns for many parts of the park that are in despair, and Disney answered, we should do the same with JPRA...it's unacceptable.

You could've also used DCA 1.0 as an example of something that got a redo after negative responses...

You'd think since all the complaining do over stupid things like B&T & The Purge auctioneer being offensive and those being removed, the same thing could be done for regular park stuff so that it becomes "better"... oh wait.. I just applied logic where logic doesn't get used. sigh

I know i'm going to sound off but why are they even covering the T-Rex in the first place? As I don't know if this happened during summer also. To me, it could be a sign of just fixing the AA to make it work more faster and fluid, as a form of testing. I just don't think they would have the T-Rex covered up for nothing.

When the Trex is being worked on in any capacity, yes they put up a curtain to hide that spot from view, especially if they're doing some type of extensive work on it. Re-skinning, whatever.. It is normal procedure. I've seen curtains/tarps in other areas of the ride over the past year where they were working on something in regards to that particular area.

When they're working on an animatronic, or it's simply broken and they don't have time to fix it, they out a trash bag over it :'(

(So...they might as well put a trash bag over the whole ride)

You could've also used DCA 1.0 as an example of something that got a redo after negative responses...

You'd think since all the complaining do over stupid things like B&T & The Purge auctioneer being offensive and those being removed, the same thing could be done for regular park stuff so that it becomes "better"... oh wait.. I just applied logic where logic doesn't get used. sigh
Thing is, with DCA, it was more than just critiques. People showed their disinterest and disappointment with DCA with their wallets: attendance was bad.

With USH, attendance is at an all time high, they're riding off the success of their newest attractions and upcoming attractions, while ignoring their old ones. It's a pity

I took a recent visit to Universal Studios and took a ride on JP. other than the T-Rex being covered I've noticed that the first T-Rex encounter it's head is slightly bent to the right, almost hitting the wall and it's barely going down. also the Raptors during the lift hill are in much poorer shape than ever. the left Raptors head looks to be snapped off. it's head was bent to the left, almost like it was detached from its hinges and looks to be more like a mannequin than an animatronic now.

Reactions: DonRaf