Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You'd think the fact that Jurassic World being the 3rd hightest grossing movie behind Titanic & Avatar would've been enough of a wake up call to make the light bulb in their brains turn on & go "Hey, JPRA is in really shitty condition. We should totally fix this since a movie that is part of the ride's franchise is bringing in so much money!"

oh who am I kidding... they're still too busy counting $$$$ to even notice JPRA's condition.

Right now would be the last possible chance to upgrade/refurb it. After March we enter the point of no return. If Universal has to run JPRA with nothing working THEY WILL.

Not good.

I'm not sure where anyone got the "it's never coming back" notion. It's disappeared for long stretches of time before. I'm sure it'll return once A. They fix it or B. USH decides to upgrade/fix the entire ride.

I'm not sure where anyone got the "it's never coming back" notion. It's disappeared for long stretches of time before. I'm sure it'll return once A. They fix it or B. USH decides to upgrade/fix the entire ride.
As of right now..your about half right.

Its being reported that the Falling jeep is back, hanging around but for right now disabled.

Ok, I went to the park today. To my surprise the falling jeep was back... to my even FURTHER surprise, the jeep was TILTING, I'm not kidding, I wish i could have caught it, I was gasping saying "no way, no way.... no way..." and the audio played too... much to my dismay however, it did not end up falling, but could it be a sign?

I'll be extremely disappointed if they permanently limit the jeep's movement to just tilting back and forth.....when the audio played, did you hear the full audio of it crashing and splashing down?

I can do with only the tilting. Really. because I think for most of my visits last year, I only ever saw the jeep hanging on top of the wall and then slowly slide down it. It ruined the effect of it tilting and then sliding off quick, like how it happens in the movie.

Also, I just wondered something. Is there a reason why it is continuously called a Jeep and not an SUV (93 Explorer)? :)

Anyway, I really have to see this for myself. I really don't think I've ever seen it tilt in the last 5 years.

I think because sometimes people confuse the term "SUV" with the name Jeep. Like, even when I was younger, before I knew the term SUV or crossover, I called every SUV and crossover a "jeep". I didn't know it was an actual brand, I thought that was just the name for these TYPES of cars, like sedan and convertible.

Also, JP had a mix of Fords and Jeeps, so that's probably why we got the wires crossed.

If they update the ride, they should make it a falling silver Mercedes GLE Coupe, with high heels hanging out the window. ;)

Reactions: 12th Man and Aaron
I do enjoy JPRA at night, except for being a little cold afterwards haha.... But the scariest (former) Universal ride at night was/will always be The Jaws Ride in Orlando. (RIP the greatest ride ever built)... As much as I loved that ride (day/night), I seriously get uneasy about being on a wooden dock at night thanks to it.. heh..