Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HHN taking shape in the extended queue.

HHN2015_081715_1.jpg

That's depressing, especially since they kept the falling/scraping sound effects.

Like...really, Universal? You barely have any physical effects and props in the entire theme park, and you can't keep this one running correctly?

At this point, they need to shut down the entire ride and give it a massive overhaul. I don't care if it takes over a year, like Disney did with Big Thunder Mountain, JUST DO IT.

It'll probably only happen a year after Potter opens or something :/

Hopefully before Jurassic World 2...

When I went on the JP ride during HHN at Universal, I rode it twice. First time the boat just STOPPED right as we were going up the hill before the first mini drop. Took about 5 minutes to get it back working...I honestly thought we were going to have to get out of the boat since it was right by where the stairs were anyway but thankfully we did not have to. But yeah. Embarrassing that after 'maintenance' the ride is still stopping mid-ride.

When the ride stops mid-ride like that, that doesn't necessarily mean it broke down, or that your boat broke down, etc, might mean there's an issue with a boat up ahead, or there's a backup of boats at the loading station.

Do you think when the big bucks roll in from Harry Potter, that Universal would consider fixing up the JP ride (for real)?

I really think that, back in the day when it first open, they were reaching beyond their grasp in terms of updates and maintenance. I don't know if it's due to the animatronics being outside but there's been huge leaps in theme park tech that could really fix up the ride. I'm not asking for something super sophisticated like 'Mystic Manor' in Hong Kong Disney..

But they could add some digital projection like in the new Matterhorn updates at Disneyland: There's a part where you pass through a screen that looks like a glacier, and behind it you can see a CG Yeti.

So like there could parts where you're in the building, and there's a 'glass window' which is just a screen with CG Raptors running around through to break through.

In my eyes; they HAD the chance to do it with a tie-in to Jurassic World this year. I feel confident that we won't see anything big on a revamp spectrum for this ride for the next five years.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I rode JPRA when I was at the park for the final night of HHN.... thank god I didn't get wet because it was cold! lol... I wish I would've gotten a pic, but I didn't think about it afterwards and I wasn't about to ride JPRA again lol.. Anyway, it was really cool seeing the headlights on the jeep working & also see it tilting. But knowing what is supposed to actually happen, it is a total evil tease...

Also I really kinda wish they'd leave those 2 static raptor figures in the building before the drop. Here is a somewhat crappy pic of one of them, but eh..

dbK6vDH.jpg

So rode JPRA Sunday night because sure why not... I was a little annoyed that the ride was still very "dark" due to still being set to "HHN mode" as far as lighting goes. They need to fix this with it getting dark early and the park still being open while it is dark out. Now I didn't get a pic because I wasn't expecting it, BUT the two static Raptor figures were STILL present in the ride building before the t-rex/drop. That was a nice surprise...

Oh yea... guess what was back to being broken!?

Pjqq2Jz.jpg

no headlights, no tilting effect... sigh

Forgot to post this the other day when I rode JPRA saturday night, but sad to report that the falling.. errr "tilting jeep".. is still broken (no surprise to anyone here I'm sure).

and unfortunately, the two static raptors used during HHN before the big drop have finally been removed. :(

Reactions: Stylowtrix
There is a lot of work that needs to be done in JP other than the falling Jeep that hasn't been working in forever. I've gone recently and I'm starting to notice how on the left hand side how discolored the Stegosaurus is, and how stiff the animation is on a few dinos. A few aesthetic touch ups wouldn't hurt either. I just want this ride to return to what it used to be in its early years, I love it to death.

JPRA is worth riding any month.... despite its horrible show quality... I mean really, I should NOT be able to see the wires & whatnot that operate the damn T-Rex before the drop... <_<