Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The animatronics obviously are still not up to old standards, but at least they look good. The ride looks good.

Thumbs up to Universal for putting in at least some effort.

The recent refurbishment seems to have garnered quite a bit of hate. I'm not exactly sure why people are so angry. The ride - as a whole - certainly looks better than it did in 2015. I get that it doesn't look like its original state, but that boat has sailed away.

The recent refurbishment seems to have garnered quite a bit of hate. I'm not exactly sure why people are so angry. The ride - as a whole - certainly looks better than it did in 2015. I get that it doesn't look like its original state, but that boat has sailed away.

In my personal opinion, they should've gone full steam ahead to retheme it to Jurassic World so that people will have a reason to go down to the lower lot when the Potter crowds hit this year. Now that ship has sailed and they had to make the ride look as good as possible without spending too much time on it. It likes fine for what they did, but maybe they're holding out until the next one comes out. 

When i got off the ride today, they had a recording when your unloading, its a recording of cheering and clapping, not sure if they do that when there not alot of unloading employees, it was pretty cheesy though

When i got off the ride today, they had a recording when your unloading, its a recording of cheering and clapping, not sure if they do that when there not alot of unloading employees, it was pretty cheesy though

This was added during the "dark" years way back in 2002.  There was an initiative to clap at the end of each ride from the management to help encourage people to "have fun".  I dislike it to the fullest.  Mummy crew claps as well.  

This was added during the "dark" years way back in 2002.  There was an initiative to clap at the end of each ride from the management to help encourage people to "have fun".  I dislike it to the fullest.  Mummy crew claps as well.  

Okay... glad I wasn't going crazy. My friends and I were like... "You heard cheering & clapping too right?" lol

As for the ride itself... its hard to believe they just refurbished it in any capacity. Surprise surprise... the jeep was broken again. The dinos need some major love & attention because I see them going extinct. Ultrasaurs have a clicking sound when they move, the stegosaur on the rock looks terrible. I hate how visible the mechanics for the T-Rex are (and it floats!)..

It saddens me that they don't dump the money into this ride that it deserves. It doesn't need to be revamped into Jurassic World, it just needs a proper renovation.

Reactions: Dylan Beck
Here some pics from Greg Pro about a Jurassic Park Mural he made in 1995 for USH.

"In 1995 I was commissioned to create a set of 6 murals for the Jurassic Park ride at Universal Studios California. They are still hanging in the Buffeteria. They removed the ones in the retail section. We used an Ectamural print process to enlarge the originals. I painted each one in Cel Vinyl about the size of a small surf board. Unfortunately some corporate bozo ended up with all the originals."

01.jpg

02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg

31.jpg
32.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the dinos are on the verge of going extinct .....Universal can't afford to spend money on quality animal care

...just look at their lack of vehicle maintenance.. that poor "jeep" will never get fixed

Reactions: Dylan Beck