Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this happened. JW2 is getting bad reviews... could this be another Solo type of disaster? what could that mean to the overlay? Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Reviews - Metacritic
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018) - Rotten Tomatoes
It's on the risk of being rotten by Rotten Tomatoes and it already failed in metacritic. It was tracking rather high, but so was Solo and ended up with just 89 million of the 150 projected. Could the same thing happen if JW 2 is really that bad?? what would that mean to the JW overlay?

Well this happened. JW2 is getting bad reviews... could this be another Solo type of disaster? what could that mean to the overlay? Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Reviews - Metacritic
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018) - Rotten Tomatoes
It's on the risk of being rotten by Rotten Tomatoes and it already failed in metacritic. It was tracking rather high, but so was Solo and ended up with just 89 million of the 150 projected. Could the same thing happen if JW 2 is really that bad?? what would that mean to the JW overlay?
Too soon to tell!

The movie would be made up overseas, but Americans are generally serious how good movies really are. Looks like the Incredibles II would be enjoying its reign over FK at the domestic BO at the end.

Just a quick heads up Jurassic World wasn’t exactly a hit with the critics either 71 percent on rotten tomatoes and 59 on metacritic. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 65 on rotten tomatoes and 54 metacritic. Loved Jurassic world thought it was a great movie and I was a nay sayers when it came out saying how good can it be and me and my wife saw San Andreas(thoroughly enjoyed) instead until people told me to see it and me and the wife adored it and will be there opening weeken at Roadhouse Cinemas(shout out, if you live in Tucson or Phoenix Arizona you know and love this cinema). Also critics are useless in my opinion they are there to criticize not enjoy. Let me ask this how many Oscar winning films are massive box office draws(yes I know there are a few that hit both Titanic, LOTR, etc. but they truly are rare)Also If I were to listen to critics I would have missed out on some of my favorite movies (Deep Rising anyone?)

Seems on the similar level to Jurassic World, but that the praise is going for what Bayona has done for the film.

That said, wait for audience reactions over the next few weeks, as it hits international release this weekend.

Don’t want to stray too off of discussion, but I’ll go see it despite what critics think. The critics hated BVS but I kind of enjoyed it. While the audience hated TLJ, I loved it (GASP). Even when the critics praised the Death of Stalin, I was kind of “eh” about it. It sounds like FK is going to be a mixed bag of reviews and I’ll have to decide myself how I’ll feel. I just want to see a movie about dinosaurs eating people haha.

The ride won’t be affected regardless how it does. WaterWorld was a flop and look where it is now. Mission Breakout was hated upon arrival and now it’s everyone’s favorite ride at DCA. Supercharged was very anticipated with the GP and now they even want ignore it’s existance. Point being: as long as the ride is good, that’s all that matters.

I seem to have a very different taste... I love Death of Stalin. Armando Iannucci is a genius. I loved In the Loop way before Iannucci was given a tv show. I loathed JW, San Andreas, TLJ and BVS.

The thing is that Solo was tracking so well until the reviews came out and people were lukewarm about it... When does it open in the US? it opens Friday June 15th in my country

June 22nd in the US.

But, as said before, the effects of Fallen Kingdom shouldn't have an effect on the parks, especially now with the amount of capital/money put into the IP as it is.

Hard to predict this far out. The first Jurassic World being that huge of a hit was a surprise (that had to do with timing, audience demand, and Chris Pratt’s drawing power). So we will see.

Even if it’s #2 for the opening weekend, the ride needed a shot in the arm, and the Jurassic franchise, as a whole, is still popular.

Universal doesn’t have a comic book franchise to really call its own. The top three movies of this year are all Marvel IPs (then A Quiet Place, and Solo as of this writing). So even if it does as well as the first JW film, it should be a hit.

Just a quick heads up Jurassic World wasn’t exactly a hit with the critics either 71 percent on rotten tomatoes and 59 on metacritic. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 65 on rotten tomatoes and 54 metacritic.
Jurassic World had a similar thing to The Force Awakens going for it though. Classic franchise and people wanted to be in that world again. They weren't going to let critics keep them away.

Currently JW2 is sitting at 59% on RT, albeit it should be noted there are probably a few hundred more reviews to come in, but if this type of split of positive/negative continues, it's not going to look good for the film.

Universal doesn’t have a comic book franchise to really call its own. The top three movies of this year are all Marvel IPs (then A Quiet Place, and Solo as of this writing). So even if it does as well as the first JW film, it should be a hit.
It absolutely will not do near as good (at least domestically) as JW did. I think a good comparison is The Avengers (2012) which had a huge $623M and then Age of Ultron (2015) dropped to $459M. Overseas grosses will still presumably be large enough to turn a big profit though, much like Age of Ultron.

It takes a debut north of $200M to hit $600M or higher in almost every case (unless you're James Cameron, basically). JW:FK is not on track for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: smoaT and alias8703
Its at 71 now, JW is the same. This is not a critic movie, its a GA film.

It just broke the Opening day record in South Korea and topped Avengers IW. Looks to do 250m in China. Its drop in Europe and Latin America will be made up mostly by Asia.

First did 1.67B WW with 1B OS

Its gonna drop big but do TLW adjusted numbers domestic. 420 -460m Down from 652 (700m+ Adjusted)

Its got a very good chance ending up in the Last Jedi and Black Panther World Wide box office range probably 1.2-1.3B

Last edited:
Reactions: alias8703
I really hope JW the Ride would incorporate elements from both the first and the second movies. It would be cool to see the Indoraptor taking part in the outside and scaring the guests.

So are they stealthily beginning construction while the ride is open?
If its going to be closed for 9 months, it sounds like they're going to be ripping out entire scenes and redoing it.

And/or testing how things will be working for the updated attraction.

So essentially, a larger scale Mission Breakout in a sense. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.