Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Universal Creative for Hollywood just expand or something? Not sure why this is seen as USH's baby. Im all for it if they did expand and this is their first big attraction, but wasn't aware of the changes. I assumed Universal Creative was just one big group for all their parks. So excited for this ride though the updated AA's should be great!

Universal Creative has groups for the separate parks (as I recall, Osaka was having a hard time at first when SNW was gearing up, due to not being able to initially find people for particular positions).

This is Hollywood's project, not Orlando's (although Orlando has done projects for Hollywood before, see Supercharged).

We are getting worked up over seeing construction workers at the base of a drop. This does not mean the brakes are broken, the ride is delayed and wont open until September. My guess is we are in the test and adjust phase. The ride's track is water, and I'm sure it is harder to time effects with water vs a track. The Jurassic Park ride is beloved by so many, that is Jurassic World opens with any problems the public will come down hard on Universal. They feel the pressure, and want this to be worthy of the closure. My thoughts.

Reactions: tacalert
Got it, makes sense. Just didn't know since everyone is acting like JW is the first attraction they're really working on I was a bit confused haha.

Exciting if they really go "all in" with those two. Both are great properties for theme park attractions and would be welcome additions in Orlando. USH might sneak in for me tbh on my Hollywood trip this September. Really really excited for this one though. I assume we're getting all new Dino AA's throughout the entire ride? Im sure this has been asked before, so sorry if its repetitive.

Exciting if they really go "all in" with those two. Both are great properties for theme park attractions and would be welcome additions in Orlando. USH might sneak in for me tbh on my Hollywood trip this September. Really really excited for this one though. I assume we're getting all new Dino AA's throughout the entire ride? Im sure this has been asked before, so sorry if its repetitive.
We don't 100% know if everything is new. I would say yes, or at least everything will be re skinned.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I didn’t bring it up, just finished it

Side note, did anybody hear of the splash down pool being drained
If the splashdown pool was drained, then maybe the problem is with the brakes. Hopefully it is drained today, so the problem can be fixed early.

Reactions: Dustin
Watching videos, the brakes seem like the main issue? Seems like they are still working on it.
I'm still not convinced there is a brake issue. JP is definitely a block sectioned ride and if the unload station is clear, the boats will gradually lose speed at the bend anyway and there will be no need to bring the boat to a crawl if the unload station is clear.

In a perfect design, the only reason it'd stop at the splashdown is because there is no space at the unload station.

The braking system does often switch its braking power. The ride originally opened without brakes and instead had a higher water level which would slow the boat down and create a larger splash. Now, the wetness level can be controlled as the track can be raised or lowered with more or less braking power applied. While it’s a good guess, I don’t think there is a braking issue as of now...

Status
Not open for further replies.