Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very Tempted to just go Sunday and hope its soft opened by then. Its such a tease the way they have the music on and everything viewable

What are the chances of a soft opening this weekend? Although the outside looks close to complete, we still don't know what state the inside is in.

Zero.

Patio furniture out? Menu board up? The area could be opening soon..

Mmmmmmmaybe.

My thoughts are:
The area - yes
The ride - probably not for a bit longer

Mmmmmmmaybe.

I'm very Tempted to just go Sunday and hope its soft opened by then. Its such a tease the way they have the music on and everything viewable

Nope.

Reminder: TM previews, then softs. We still got a little bit to go.

(also I kind of wish the banners were differentiated)

Reactions: Rideguy70
We don't, but just based on the testing continuing. Also, the hatches on top of the show building roof are open again which is not a good sign. Those are not open when the ride is operational.
Aw hell, I hope that doesn't mean a delay, since they seem to be adding the finishing touches to the area outside.

Talked to TM's today. No chance in hell its gonna happen anytime this week. They got Dummies still on the ride, meaning testing is still occuring. Basically if we see TM's Testing the ride with them on it in Uniform... then we have a chance of Softs.

I really hope they do what they did with Dreamworks Theater last year and have passholder previews once it's time for softs. If they open in late June, my pass will be blacked out during that time. (22nd to 30), so hopefully it's within that time, since whenever they do bonus days for passholders, they're good even on blackout days.

Reactions: marip123
I am beyond ready to ride this. Honestly, I'm starting to get a little worried unless the ride is really that advanced from the previous version.
I just wish Uni wasn't so tight lipped about it. Nobody has any idea what to expect
and while I get that you also don't want to let hype die down when its being delayed like this.
It seems we may have another Star Wars: Rise of The Resistance situation. They should at least talk about some of the new technology their using
in a behind the scenes video or something to curb people's excitement.
It's looking like it might end up being July.

(also I kind of wish the banners were differentiated)

I've been holding back my comments on the banners, but man, I agree. They look like fan art.

bkTnFiJ.jpg

9bgALZn.png

The area needed some color variety, and what we see in the film would be perfect. Nothing about this looks like Jurassic World - rather, it all almost looks like a brutalist reimagining due to the shapes and colors. The makeover of the park is all greys and blues, and it's just kinda oppressive and ugly looking... and then you look at the film, and the park doesn't have those colors at all

xx4w2jK.jpg

Last edited:
I've been holding back my comments on the banners, but man, I agree. They look like fan art.

bkTnFiJ.jpg

9bgALZn.png

The area needed some color variety, and what we see in the film would be perfect. Nothing about this looks like Jurassic World - rather, it all almost looks like a brutalist reimagining due to the shapes and colors. The makeover of the park is all greys and blues, and it's just kinda oppressive and ugly looking... and then you look at the film, and the park doesn't have those colors at all

xx4w2jK.jpg
I was just there yesterday and *nothing* about it was “oppressive” or “ugly looking”.

Wow, its funny to see a few people thinking the new overall look the area as anything but an improvement. I love just about everything they did only thing I'm hoping they somehow kept or redid was near the restrooms the different sizes of the dinosaurs on the wall

Also i have seen it in Person, looks even better in Person.

At first I thought it would have been nice to have various banners advertising different JW attractions.
Then I remembered that USH guests need to be told that something is a ride, so they would probably complain that they couldn't find the dinosaur attractions advertised on the banners.

I'm totally in love with what they have done.

Last edited:
At first I thought it would have been nice to have various banners advertising different JW attractions.
Then I remembered that USH guests need to be told that something is a ride, so they would probably complain that they couldn't find the dinosaur attractions advertised on the banners.

I'm totally in love with what they have done.
I'm surprised Galaxy Edge and Hogsmeade can be as themed as they as and not have too many signs and people find the rides.
Also while I don't mind them not advertising other fake attractions, it can be done the Simpsons ride has fake Poster for rides that don't exist.

I am beyond ready to ride this. Honestly, I'm starting to get a little worried unless the ride is really that advanced from the previous version.
I just wish Uni wasn't so tight lipped about it. Nobody has any idea what to expect
and while I get that you also don't want to let hype die down when its being delayed like this.
It seems we may have another Star Wars: Rise of The Resistance situation. They should at least talk about some of the new technology their using
in a behind the scenes video or something to curb people's excitement.
It's looking like it might end up being July.
Well with leaks becoming a thing and people hating spoilers about something they enjoy I rather like the tight lipped news. Leaks and spoilers ruin the effect imo. We see what they're doing outside. It's going to be amazing when it does open and I'm waiting on that

Well with leaks becoming a thing and people hating spoilers about something they enjoy I rather like the tight lipped news. Leaks and spoilers ruin the effect imo. We see what they're doing outside. It's going to be amazing when it does open and I'm waiting on that
Exactly. I’m not watching one second of footage from anything passed the outside ride entrance.

Reactions: ct180
Status
Not open for further replies.