Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 284 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal movies have steadily been receiving way more than the industry average percentage on the international market. And that's where this movie may be the strongest. Universal's international distribution is awesome. I'm thinking only moderate box office USA, but strong box office international.

Universal movies have steadily been receiving way more than the industry average percentage on the international market. And that's where this movie may be the strongest. Universal's international distribution is awesome. I'm thinking only moderate box office USA, but strong box office international.

We’ll see. With how straight up bad this looks quality-wise, along with what seems like anti-hype from the US market, I have a hard time believing this doesn’t struggle to make a billion

Reactions: jtsalien
Food for thought, if JP's days are numbered at IOA, what if it's that they are going to use portions of the land for that IOA Nintendo-based land that was rumored a few week's back?

I think a billion is guaranteed because of China.

The big difference between Star Wars and JW is China.

JW did $230 million in China, and I expect Fallen Kingdom to pull in $300 million there. There's no reason to expect a decrease in China.

TFA did $125 million in China, while TLJ fell to $43 million there.

The big difference is JW is an entirely new story while TLJ is the 8th in a story in a country that doesn't have same feelings towards 1-6 that rest of world has.

We’ll see. With how straight up bad this looks quality-wise, along with what seems like anti-hype from the US market, I have a hard time believing this doesn’t struggle to make a billion
Yeah, I don't see near $500 million domestic, but I think international will be big. I think zg44 is right on with China. All of Universal movie's numbers just keep increasing in China. The IP matters but there's more to it than that. And the government there has a lot to do with the process. Universal is in a good place with them at this moment in time.

Fast 8 only did like $220 Domestic but somehow managed to put up $1.23 WW so anything is possible even if it doesn't hit as well domestically as JW did. I think JW2 will do similar numbers to Wonder Woman in the US, maybe slightly higher.

Where do you see this anti-hype? I've only seen the opposite, I even tried finding some polls/reviews of the trailers to date and everything is positive. YouTube reactions are 98% positive.. while not scientific, its still a good indicator. I think it looks incredible, as does anyone else who I've asked.

I hate to say it, but Jurassic Park in Islands of Adventure has honestly lost a lot of its luster over the years. The main problem is that there really isn't much immersion in it anymore, thanks to both Kong and Potter being awkwardly jammed in each ends of the area. In the early days of IOA, going into JP felt like actually being on a remote island somewhere, an aspect that's been lost due to all the new additions. For pete's sake, they literally tore down one of the iconic JP gates down, in the name of Kong.

If Jurassic World ends up really happening at the new park, I don't think I'd be totally against them taking JP and retheming/reskinning it all to become King Kong/Skull Island themed. As it currently stands, Skull Island: Region of Kong feels really tacked on, as a weird standalone attraction in a park where all the other lands are fleshed out with their mulitude of attractions and stores. Converting JP into a full fledged Skull Island area could help make ROK feel more naturally integrated in the park's design.

Last edited:
Where do you see this anti-hype? I've only seen the opposite, I even tried finding some polls/reviews of the trailers to date and everything is positive. YouTube reactions are 98% positive.. while not scientific, its still a good indicator. I think it looks incredible, as does anyone else who I've asked.

I mean, to each their own, but I’ve seen 0 people say it looks any good. It looks really, really bad. Only reason I’ll probably see it is because I have MoviePass

Reactions: jtsalien
I mean, to each their own, but I’ve seen 0 people say it looks any good. It looks really, really bad. Only reason I’ll probably see it is because I have MoviePass

screen-shot-2018-02-05-at-11-15-40-am-1.png

If we look at the social conversations, no one is really talking about it so how is anyone saying it is bad?

I’d argue “no one is really talking about it” is an indictment in itself.
It's also not true though. A bit under half the amount of people that talked about Solo talked about Fallen Kingdom (according to that metric) and these numbers were abnormally high anyway because it was the super bowl.

People were talking about it. Just not in an overly enthusiastic "OMG THAT LOOKS AWSOME" way. Personally I think they picked a bad time to show the spot. I watched the whole game (minus pregame and about the first 4 minutes) and just about all the commercials. Somehow, I missed that this preview even showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.