Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'd rather see a Splinter type coaster. Something nontraditional, I like the compact style with short thrilling drops, instead of a typical coaster. It just screams family to me. Almost like a high quality wild mouse.

I honestly wouldnt mind something like that at all. That's what i was originally thinking it was gonna be..still could be who knows lol but im thinking and ive said this a few times in other threads but since they dropped the dark ride i think they might end up with bigger plans for the original "Amber Mine" type family coaster.

Oh my, I hope Reel just had a typo issue there. I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was they were in Toon Lagoon looking towards the JP show building. The direction in which they were looking and the idea of why there standing IN Toon Lagoon was a hint. Visual perspective anyone...

Oh my, I hope Reel just had a typo issue there. I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was they were in Toon Lagoon looking towards the JP show building. The direction in which they were looking and the idea of why there standing IN Toon Lagoon was a hint. Visual perspective anyone...

See back when you said that I understood and knew they were just trying to get an idea of what the skyline would look like. But when Reel said that my idea just came up. So I was not confused by it, just figured I could start up more conversation :smiley:

See back when you said that I understood and knew they were just trying to get an idea of what the skyline would look like. But when Reel said that my idea just came up. So I was not confused by it, just figured I could start up more conversation :smiley:

Ok very good!

Ok very good!

:thumbs:

I will say that Im not to sure as to how IOA needs more family oriented rides? I mean Suess, Popeye, FOTH.

And why would they put in a coaster for their idea of "family"? Bc my family is split down the middle. Me my dad and my middle sister are coaster freaks. Heck my little sister rode Top Thrill Dragster for her second coaster. But my mom and 2 other sisters don't/can't really do anything. (heart issues, fear) So why put a coaster in? That doesnt scream family oriented to me.

Ok, so... I thought this meant that they're looking at the backstage area between TL and the JPRA show building? :shrug:

As a 44-year old father of 3 kids between 8 and 13, I think a "family" (not kiddie) coaster would be perfect in Jurassic Park. I love hyper-coasters as much as the next guy, but the older I get, the more I distiguish between "thrilling" coasters and "fun" coasters. Hulk and Dragons are both great and definitely a "thrill" - but when I get off them, I'm glad they are over. The kids might want another go, but I'm looking for a bench, and a beer, and a break. "Family" coasters, like Big Thunder Mountain, for example, I could ride a few times in a row, with the kids and wife in tow. And we all love it.

So I say a FUN, 3-to-4 minute long, heavily-themed, semi-thrilling, just-a-lapbar, sit-three-across-with-my-kids-if-I-want-to, Thunder Mountain-style coaster that I can ride over and over again with my whole family is just what IOA needs.

As a 44-year old father of 3 kids between 8 and 13, I think a "family" (not kiddie) coaster would be perfect in Jurassic Park. I love hyper-coasters as much as the next guy, but the older I get, the more I distiguish between "thrilling" coasters and "fun" coasters. Hulk and Dragons are both great and definitely a "thrill" - but when I get off them, I'm glad they are over. The kids might want another go, but I'm looking for a bench, and a beer, and a break. "Family" coasters, like Big Thunder Mountain, for example, I could ride a few times in a row, with the kids and wife in tow. And we all love it.

So I say a FUN, 3-to-4 minute long, heavily-themed, semi-thrilling, just-a-lapbar, sit-three-across-with-my-kids-if-I-want-to, Thunder Mountain-style coaster that I can ride over and over again with my whole family is just what IOA needs.

agree i guess cause im 40 i definitely understand your logic..as a kid my amusement park was cedar point so i know all about thrill

:thumbs:

I will say that Im not to sure as to how IOA needs more family oriented rides? I mean Suess, Popeye, FOTH.

And why would they put in a coaster for their idea of "family"? Bc my family is split down the middle. Me my dad and my middle sister are coaster freaks. Heck my little sister rode Top Thrill Dragster for her second coaster. But my mom and 2 other sisters don't/can't really do anything. (heart issues, fear) So why put a coaster in? That doesnt scream family oriented to me.

I like how you say a coaster isn't family, yet you list a coaster in the "IoA already has enough family rides" list.:lol:

The fact is Universal Orlando resort as a whole needs more attractions for the under 48" crowd than more for the above crowd. Uni's never going to keep expanding their customer base without them.

Depends on their target market, they are geared more for teens/adults, if they are targeting that market what do they need to cater to the under 48 inches crowd for?

I like how you say a coaster isn't family, yet you list a coaster in the "IoA already has enough family rides" list.:lol:

The fact is Universal Orlando resort as a whole needs more attractions for the under 48" crowd than more for the above crowd. Uni's never going to keep expanding their customer base without them.

:doh: I just noticed that....

Ok so moving past my blunder, what good would a legit family coaster do for families when most families may or may not ride coasters?

Of course Im all for it, but if IOA wants to attract more families (really the entire resort) then arent there better more creative ways to get more families to a park?

Spider-man's a family ride but i just dont see it playing out how they would like.

:Of course Im all for it, but if IOA wants to attract more families (really the entire resort) then arent there better more creative ways to get more families to a park?

Spider-man's a family ride but i just dont see it playing out how they would like.

I think a coaster with less thrill than Hippogriff (because honestly, it's the most thrilling kiddie coaster ever) would be a step in the right direction. They need a "Kid's First Coaster" like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be for Disney.

They also need 2-3 slow moving, non-spinning dark rides in each park. Too much of their stuff spins like crazy.

Universal needs a Haunted Mansion/Pirates of the Caribbean like experience in each park, along with a few smaller Fantasyland-like rides.

They also need 2-3 slow moving, non-spinning dark rides in each park. Too much of their stuff spins like crazy.

Universal needs a Haunted Mansion/Pirates of the Caribbean like experience in each park, along with a few smaller Fantasyland-like rides.

See I agree with this. Which makes me wonder why the lab ride was scratched (if it ever was in the books?)? I know that some people are against Madagascar coming here in the form of the crate ride but I think that would fit well in the POTC theme and if we had an omnimover of sorts I wouldnt really complain.

Depends on their target market, they are geared more for teens/adults, if they are targeting that market what do they need to cater to the under 48 inches crowd for?

Teens/adults are only going to get them so far.

See I agree with this. Which makes me wonder why the lab ride was scratched (if it ever was in the books?)? I know that some people are against Madagascar coming here in the form of the crate ride but I think that would fit well in the POTC theme and if we had an omnimover of sorts I wouldnt really complain.

My dream is to have the Toon Lagoon theater area replaced with a Scooby-Doo haunted dark ride Omnimover. That is, as long as LOTR isn't taking over Toon Lagoon.

My dream is to have the Toon Lagoon theater area replaced with a Scooby-Doo haunted dark ride Omnimover. That is, as long as LOTR isn't taking over Toon Lagoon.

Skip, Have you ridden the Scooby Doo boat/dark-ride shoot'em up at Six Flags St. Louis? If one could take that concept and bump up the execution level 3 notches, it would be a great ride with that license. For Six Flags St. Louis, it is a good ride today.

Skip, Have you ridden the Scooby Doo boat/dark-ride shoot'em up at Six Flags St. Louis? If one could take that concept and bump up the execution level 3 notches, it would be a great ride with that license. For Six Flags St. Louis, it is a good ride today.

I have not. But I know there are a few shoot em ups using SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.