Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 545 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i heard 200ft from somewhere at first.

Which means it’ll need to go at least 82mph in order to clear something 200 ft

giphy.gif

Imagine all of the #SIGHTLINEZZZ people's heads collectively exploding at once. :lol:
You know what I noticed? No one complains that a coaster is highly themed. Why do you act like not having huge unthemed coasters in a theme park would be some sort of problem? Everyone still seems happy when it’s done the other way.

Reactions: SkiBum
And a themed coaster and thrills are not mutually exclusive. See Hagrid.

Again, what’s the problem with wanting coasters to be themed in places that call themselves “theme” parks.

Hagrid, while having thrilling moments, is not on the same level of thrills the new JP Coaster is rumored to bring. There's gotta be some understandable concessions somewhere....

And as it's been said, there will be themed aspects to this coaster - it's just not gonna be everywhere. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Yeah, I think people need to start waking up to the fact that Orlando is getting a very major roller coaster that isn't a B&M. I'd b**** about sight lines for dark rides but when it comes to staple rides like big coasters they can be damned as far as I'm concerned. This plus RMC Gwazi are going to change the Orlando/CFL landscape for the better. Time to push the boundaries of what our guests enjoy and take it to another level. JP launch coaster will do that.

You know what I noticed? No one complains that a coaster is highly themed. Why do you act like not having huge unthemed coasters in a theme park would be some sort of problem? Everyone still seems happy when it’s done the other way.
Simply put: if it wasn't and isn't a problem for Hulk, it is not a problem for the coming JW coaster. Period. You knew what kind of park this was from the first moment you walked in the gate.

Stop expecting them to change the formula that has worked since 1999, and be happy the park is finally getting use out of an area that is otherwise wasted space.

Yeah, I think people need to start waking up to the fact that Orlando is getting a very major roller coaster that isn't a B&M. I'd b**** about sight lines for dark rides but when it comes to staple rides like big coasters they can be damned as far as I'm concerned.
I actually agree a lot here.

I'm pretty big on theme overall, but when we're talking about a big steel coaster, you know what you're getting and many actually do consider the steel itself to be beautiful. When something that is supposed to immerse me into a world breaks theme (WWoHP, Pandora or Galaxy's Edge), I understand criticism. This is why I was all for Dragon Challenge getting replaced as it didn't make thematic sense and seemed completely out of place. But i'll never complain about a big coaster being built as long as it fits the area it's being put into. Jurrasic Park/World is an Amusement park as is and this being a Raptor ride works well enough for me (along with the themed sections tht have been talked about).

Depends, how do you feel about Chris Pratt?
So what you're telling me is the Chris Pratt has cornered the Orlando coaster market for 2020/2021? ;)

Just think of this coaster as Universal's version of Primeval Whirl.
The only similarities is the minimal theming and exposed track. I don't think there's a true Disney equivalent to what is being built here. The closest they probably come is with the IncrediCoaster.

Again though, if people have been fine with Hulk existing in the park, then they can live with this.

The only similarities is the minimal theming and exposed track. I don't think there's a true Disney equivalent to what is being built here. The closest they probably come is with the IncrediCoaster.

Again though, if people have been fine with Hulk existing in the park, then they can live with this.
It's a steel coaster with minimal theming

In a land intended to be a dinosaur-based amusement park, capitalizing on science intended to bring dinosaurs into the present.

They're the same thing.

It's a steel coaster with minimal theming

In a land intended to be a dinosaur-based amusement park, capitalizing on science intended to bring dinosaurs into the present.

They're the same thing.
Ah, I see where you were going with that comparison now.

My point was more about how it's pretty much just a butt-ugly wild mouse... the JW Coaster will actually look good and be thrilling to boot.

Reactions: natespf and Dhdhddh
Would I like a well themed coaster? Sure. But if it comes at the cost of a thrilling experience, then I'll take a bare steel coaster all day long.

The odd thing about this debate in JP of all places is that JPRA probably has one of the most obvious and infamous show buildings of any major theme park.

Last edited:
Would I like a well themed coaster? Sure. But if it comes at the cost of a thrilling experience, then I'll take a bare steel coaster all day long.

The odd thing about this debate in JP of all places is that JPRA probably has one of the most obvious and infamous show buildings of any major theme park.

I love that show building.

Also it’s been said countless times but it’s worth repeating Jurassic Park is a theme park, therefore even if it was completely unthemed it would still fit. Just be thankful you’re getting some theming at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.