Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 658 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently... 6 car trains, untrimmed top hat, close to -2Gs, and Camiel Bilsen (Intamin's layout designer) is more proud of this layout than any of his others.

Personal thought, what are examples of untrimmed top hats?

This ride is gonna be a disappointment
Care to explain or are you just stirring the pot for no reason?
Just a hunch

You can give more of a reason than that of a frigging hunch man.

__

Honestly speaking, if it's anywhere close to the "guess" renderings that was posted a long while back, alongside the level of Rockwork from Taron..then we are in for a treat. Especially if they are going to go in on theming the supports ala' Hagrid.

You can give more of a reason than that of a frigging hunch man.

__

Honestly speaking, if it's anywhere close to the "guess" renderings that was posted a long while back, alongside the level of Rockwork from Taron..then we are in for a treat. Especially if they are going to go in on theming the supports ala' Hagrid.
No

I'm not sure if any of Intamin's top hats are trimmed apart from Kingda Ka., although their new top hat shaping is completely different from their old shaping. Vekoma's Firestorm layout has a trim on the top hat to keep the forces in check, but this and Pantheon will not be trimmed.

This ride is gonna be a disappointment
Universal Orlando is now cancelled

I'm not sure if any of Intamin's top hats are trimmed apart from Kingda Ka., although their new top hat shaping is completely different from their old shaping. Vekoma's Firestorm layout has a trim on the top hat to keep the forces in check, but this and Pantheon will not be trimmed.
Xcelerator at Knotts doesn't appear to be trimmed at all

Also, in all seriousness @WebHead1138 - I believe the top hat will make this one of Universal's best coasters..Bold prediction

Im excited for this but am hoping for lots of theming with it, along with a little extra theming to the area in general. Im excited for this ride but need to see concept art before I can fully judge my engagement on it.

Reactions: therock
I’ve ridden this one too and I still don’t get the hype. It’s literally over in a second and you barely get to soak in being that high up. It was fun but nothing memorable.
Isn't this the one that sliced into that little boy's legs when a cable popped??

Status
Not open for further replies.