Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was beauty killed the beast."

How does Jackson go from making the LotR trilogy to this garbage film?

And yes, I know it was in the original film.

That "garbage" film is one of my favorites and I enjoyed it more than anything in the LOTR trilogy.

That "garbage" film is one of my favorites and I enjoyed it more than anything in the LOTR trilogy.

Garbage film? You sir, have no idea what you're talking about.

I thought Peter Jackson's take was great... :look:
Well, like I tell my 8-year-old, "everyone has their likes and dislikes."

I work from home and often have the TV on as background noise. Just so happens KK was on last week, so I was reacquainted with the reasons I don't like this film. While technically masterful (and every bit deserving of the SFX Oscar), I found it excessively long and the tone to be far too earnest for a film about a giant gorilla that falls in love with an aspiring actress and trashes Manhattan. The giant bottles of chloroform were laughable, as was Jack Black's casting.

You can say you don't like it all you want. That doesn't make it a garbage film. Jackson has his faults as a filmmaker, but none of his Hollywood productions come close to being garabage.

Well, like I tell my 8-year-old, "everyone has their likes and dislikes."

I work from home and often have the TV on as background noise. Just so happens KK was on last week, so I was reacquainted with the reasons I don't like this film. While technically masterful (and every bit deserving of the SFX Oscar), I found it excessively long and the tone to be far too earnest for a film about a giant gorilla that falls in love with an aspiring actress and trashes Manhattan. The giant bottles of chloroform were laughable, as was Jack Black's casting.

I agree that it was a bit self-indulgent and took itself too seriously. That being said, I love Jackson's remake, despite its faults. It was filmed like an old-fashioned movie which is refreshing in the hand-held quick cut era we live in now. Also, the filmmaking angle was clever, and some of the set pieces were magnificent. The rendering of 1930's New York was phenomenal as was the cinematography throughout the movie. The great score and pacing towards the end even makes you feel a little something for the giant ape which, as you said, could've come off as very hokey. I love it because it's an epic we don't see much of nowadays. However, unlike some people, I'm not going to sit here and tell you your opinion is wrong :lol:

Last edited:
I don't mean any disrespect towards tribbleorlfl's opinion either, just messin'. With that said I can at least agree that the casting of Jack Black was a bit off. I don't mind him as an actor/comedian overall, but I wonder what was it that made PJ cast him of all actors.

I don't mean any disrespect towards tribbleorlfl's opinion either, just messin'. With that said I can at least agree that the casting of Jack Black was a bit off. I don't mind him as an actor/comedian overall, but I wonder what was it that made PJ cast him of all actors.

I wasn't referring to you :wave:

But about Jack Black, I was kinda surprised when he was announced, but I think he did an ok job. He wasn't there to be a hero type, the motivations for going to Skull Island were different in this film than the 1930's one. He was supposed to be sleazy and full of himself...who better to play that character than Jack Black?

I think a worse casting mistake was Adrien Brody's nose....

I wasn't referring to you :wave:

But about Jack Black, I was kinda surprised when he was announced, but I think he did an ok job. He wasn't there to be a hero type, the motivations for going to Skull Island were different in this film than the 1930's one. He was supposed to be sleazy and full of himself...who better to play that character than Jack Black?

I think a worse casting mistake was Adrien Brody's nose....

I laughed.

I do love Peter Jackson a lot but I dunno...The Lovely Bones is pretty awful... :lol:

Woah woah don't hate on Lovely Bones. While I admit it's not a movie I would have watched voluntarily (someone showed it to me/made me watch it), and I don't really think Wahlberg is a fantastic actor, it was a really good movie. Jackson pulled off a great adaptation IMO. Not to mention some of the adult themes being portrayed in the movie that are done very tastefully, while still remaining a kid's film.

Does moving Kong to IOA indicate a bigger and better attraction than was originally planned for the Disaster location?

Status
Not open for further replies.