Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 461 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, my hope is that the queue is as smartly themed as the Hulk was post-refurb. I don't think they have to put a ton of storytelling elements in the roller coaster to make it work. Any idea if it will have a loose story like that?
Yeah. They need to make up for the low themed coaster with a great queue. We better get an AA Dinosaur in the queue or shut this project down now.

That would make an interesting poll. Great themed coaster or a great queue?
For me, I'd rather see a great queue. If this is going to be thrill coaster, then the ride would be much better served by leaving all the storytelling elements in the queue and solely focusing on making the coaster as thrilling as possible as opposed to trying to squeeze story or theming aspects into the ride itself.

For me, I'd rather see a great queue. If this is going to be thrill coaster, then the ride would be much better served by leaving all the storytelling elements in the queue and solely focusing on making the coaster as thrilling as possible as opposed to trying to squeeze story or themeing aspects into the ride itself.
Great queue and great sound elements on-ride. Make it sound like there are raptors chasing the cars through the jungle.

That would make an interesting poll. Great themed coaster or a great queue?

While I love a great queue, in my view it needs to be backed up with an actual ride that is at least as impressive, if not more so. Universal's recent history of creating queues that are better than the rides they precede (Gringotts, Fallon, F&F) gives me pause (and I'm increasingly concerned Disney might be adding to this trend with the Resistance attraction).

So it will not be a surprise to anybody that I strongly favor the great themed coaster option. Pure coasters do little for me, but the coasters that actually take the guest through a themed or controlled environment are among my favorite attractions in Orlando (Mummy, Big Thunder, Everest... and hopefully the upcoming Potter coaster).

Now, if this new coaster were to hypothetically have a killer queue with dinosaur AAs and other cool stuff, I guess that's better than nothing, but I'd really rather have an attraction where the dinosaurs are the actual focus of the complete experience.

Great queue and great sound elements on-ride. Make it sound like there are raptors chasing the cars through the jungle.

I just got chills.

Pure coasters do little for me, but the coasters that actually take the guest through a themed or controlled environment are among my favorite attractions in Orlando (Mummy, Big Thunder, Everest... and hopefully the upcoming Potter coaster).

I feel you. As long as the thrill is not negated by the attempt to tell stories, I would agree. However, if this is meant to be a true replacement for DD/DC, I'm guessing it would be more simplistic.

Although, you could have some velociraptors (or other dinosaur, just going with the popularity) that are either static or that pop up alongside/jump over the track far enough away at the rumored launch/straight portion that you can appreciate them without going "what was that? I didn't see it".

Last edited by a moderator:
But yeah, I'm thinking this coaster should have a short pre-show where the power goes out and raptor breaks in. From there you're rushed to the coaster after being explained that the power from the coaster can get the generators back up-and-running. Use some dumb excuse like a hamster on the wheel, except the coaster is the hamster on the wheel and that the weight of passengers is the only way to generate enough power (it's stupid but hey, I'm spit-balling here.) Ride the ride, have the trees shake like there are raptors chasing you, play the raptor sounds, return to secondary station, and BOOM the power is back online.

But yeah, I'm thinking this coaster should have a short pre-show where the power goes out and raptor breaks in. From there you're rushed to the coaster after being explained that the power from the coaster can get the generators back up-and-running. Use some dumb excuse like a hamster on the wheel, except the coaster is the hamster on the wheel and that the weight of passengers is the only way to generate enough power (it's stupid but hey, I'm spit-balling here.) Ride the ride, have the trees shake like there are raptors chasing you, play the raptor sounds, return to secondary station, and BOOM the power is back online.

I love the tree shaking idea, especially with the raptor sounds and how iconic they are. A great example of less is more.

Reactions: Ryno27 and therock
I would like to apologize to the thread about somehow derailing the conversation due to a joke with a laughing emoji. Anywho.

Use some dumb excuse like a hamster on the wheel, except the coaster is the hamster on the wheel and that the weight of passengers is the only way to generate enough power (it's stupid but hey, I'm spit-balling here.)

If we're to be shooting next to the lagoon and back...what if we're going to be racing a raptor? Get to the far point, have a bit of a slower show scene (just to corner safely), before racing back to the main base? There could be an AA raptor snapping at us with Chris Pratt telling us to stay calm and run when he tells you to or some variety.

I love the tree shaking idea, especially with the raptor sounds and how iconic they are. A great example of less is more.

Is there a particularly iconic part? I love Jurassic Park, but can't say I've seen any of the movies more than once. Not because I didn't like it (I do, especially the first one), but more because I have a limited attention span and far too many things to distract me.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I would like to apologize to the thread about somehow derailing the conversation due to a joke with a laughing emoji. Anywho.

If we're to be shooting next to the lagoon and back...what if we're going to be racing a raptor? Get to the far point, have a bit of a slower show scene (just to corner safely), before racing back to the main base? There could be an AA raptor snapping at us with Chris Pratt telling us to stay calm and run when he tells you to or some variety.

Is there a particularly iconic part? I love Jurassic Park, but can't say I've seen any of the movies more than once. Not because I didn't like it (I do, especially the first one), but more because I have a limited attention span and far too many things to distract me.

More the iconic sounds:

If they could create a concept similar to what Alien used to be at MK attached to a good coaster.

Sensitive has many meanings but I guess you are just generalizing it to mean weak, cowardly, and soft.

But generalizing is bad I thought.

To me your generation is sensitive in that you find so much to be offended and get salty about. Your not open to discussion. If someone has a different view then they are automatically wrong and don’t deserve to be heard or respected. Also you feel the need for approval in everything and why. Why should “likes” be the defining factor in who we are as people.

Look you have literally decided that I am some terrible person that you dislike and for no other reason than you don’t agree with me.

Man I’m so glad that I’m not so closed minded cause if so I would have no friends and no family which just sounds terrible and I honestly now feel sorry for you.

Mods have been watching. I’m going to be cleaning this up when I get home.

My suggestion is to go outside and get some fresh air. You’ve crossed many lines.

fresh air is great. when im not reading about theme park hypotheticals or playing synth in a loud rock band, im usually fishing or grilling outside (it counts!).

Reactions: truejonas
I'd rather a great themed coaster than queue, especially for those of us who use Express and may be missing the main queue a great majority of the time.

Reactions: therock and Mike S
I'd rather a great themed coaster than queue, especially for those of us who use Express and may be missing the main queue a great majority of the time.

It does make some sense to try to ease the boredom of the people waiting in the stand-by line with more hands-on items. It's obviously completely possible to provide some queue entertainment for EP, but it is a kind of sacrifice - get a shorter wait time in exchange from a bit less of the queue. It's not necessarily fair, and hopefully any story elements can still be passed along to Express.

As long as the ride is cool, e.g. a high thrills coaster, then I'm OK with most of the theming being in the queue. Some sound effects and maybe some shadows as you dash forward would be good in my book.

It does make some sense to try to ease the boredom of the people waiting in the stand-by line with more hands-on items. It's obviously completely possible to provide some queue entertainment for EP, but it is a kind of sacrifice - get a shorter wait time in exchange from a bit less of the queue. It's not necessarily fair, and hopefully any story elements can still be passed along to Express.

Especially if we’re having to put all loose items in a locker and potentially a metal detector. Not that we can’t live without a phone for half an hour but for single riders, it’s a nice bonus to be entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.