Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 740 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is the rockwork (or whatever the bright silver metal supports are for) awfully close to the ride envelope at the end of the first launch?

top 5 I’ve been on.

steel vengence
Maverick
Outlaw run
Montu
Blue fire

honorable mention
big bad wolf
x2
De Vliegende hollander

coatsers need to be more than a one trick pony like mako Is. It’s up down up down turn and repeat. It’s just air time, there is nothing more to it.

Unpopular Opinion: Montu is good, don't get me wrong, but most of the inversions do nothing for me. And it's definitely not top five, ten, or fifteen material. As someone who much prefers airtime, I'd probably put Mako in my top five if I ever rode it.

Reactions: shiekra38
1. Steel Vengeance (rmc)
2. El Toro (Intamin)
3. Lightning Rod (rmc)
4. Superman SFNE (Intamin)
5. Maverick (Intamin)
6. Intimidator 305 (Intamin)

My point is that FL is getting spoiled big time in the next 12 months, based on my taste in coasters. :)

Reactions: acquaz
Unpopular Opinion: Montu is good, don't get me wrong, but most of the inversions do nothing for me. And it's definitely not top five, ten, or fifteen material. As someone who much prefers airtime, I'd probably put Mako in my top five if I ever rode it.
Inversions > Airtime

Now is this going to become its own thread?

Reactions: MartyMcFly
1. Steel Vengeance (rmc)
2. El Toro (Intamin)
3. Lightning Rod (rmc)
5. Maverick (Intamin)

My point is that FL is getting spoiled big time in the next 12 months, based on my taste in coasters. :)
Considering Central FL isn’t really known for its intense coasters (like at all), it’s about time :lol:

Busch Gardens hasn’t had a top tier coaster in ages, despite it being a coaster park. It has some really good coasters, but nothing that has been able to compete with whatever the current “best” is since what? When Montu opened?

View attachment 12490
Here’s a pic I got a few days ago. It’s hard to tell exactly what’s up with the seemingly misaligned track, but the wood blocks make it look like something’s definitely not right.

This just confuses things even further for me. The rail where the track ends has the tongue and groove which suggests permanent track but the piece to the side looks like part of the switch but the elevation looks off.

I don't know. I give up.

What kind of lens are you using?

1. Steel Vengeance (rmc)
2. El Toro (Intamin)
3. Lightning Rod (rmc)
5. Maverick (Intamin)

I agree with your list and I have ridden all of those and several other RMC coasters, RMC hybrids really are another level of thrill (for me) but this JP coaster looks like it is going to be so unique and fun. I didn't think anything was going to be better than Iron GWAZI in FL, but... who knows now.

Another support for the top hat going in.

20200615-111426.jpg

This just confuses things even further for me. The rail where the track ends has the tongue and groove which suggests permanent track but the piece to the side looks like part of the switch but the elevation looks off.

I don't know. I give up.

What kind of lens are you using?
I use a 55-250 for most of my shots and the 18-55 kit lens for the wider shots

Reactions: Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.