Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 905 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't put my finger on WHY that building is ugly but looking at it makes my OCD crazy for some reason!
It's a bulky uninspired design that's neither a traditional rectangle nor an elegant shape..it's a halfway between design and off-putting

But less about the Harmonius bargesssssss heyo!

I do think it would be quite a marketing bit if Universal did this in reality...They have before, but this kind of marketing is super fun to me

Or have the raptor go around town and scare people

The collumns are more natural looking now

Looks great, although my picky fan eye keeps going to the signage on the Discovery Center. I’d like to think it’s still a possibility, but I assume that would have been done with ride signage.

Reactions: Scott W.
Wow, modern design isn't going over well in the US I guess.
I also like the fake wood column's, double win for me :clap:

Not sure what you mean? The entire VelociCoaster project feels modern and people love it. I’d also consider the faded wood stain to be kind of modern as well. It looks good.

Reactions: Nico
They look great, and wow did that finish go up fast. Universal usually takes much longer with its character paint. I’m guessing this is a printed vinyl wrap or maybe even a wood-laminate?

They used a vinyl wrap for the columns in Gringotts so it wouldn't be out of place for Universal to use this technique but looking at the prep before hand, it could also be painted.

Reactions: 180° and Nico
It's consistent with the look of the film

This was more about the method than the style. I don't know if I'd call it consistent with the look of the film as the Visitor Center in JW, the building base is all concrete with the wooden roof.

jurassic-world-pic-10.jpg

Has the Visitor Center always had a wood effect or has it faded in the sun?

zx2ykdvp13l41.jpg

I could have sworn it was like an orange marble effect.

Although it does match the interior
jurassic-park-discovery-center-universal-islands-of-adventure-035-oi-1024x574.jpg

Reactions: Nico
This was more about the method than the style. I don't know if I'd call it consistent with the look of the film as the Visitor Center in JW, the building base is all concrete with the wooden roof.

jurassic-world-pic-10.jpg

Has the Visitor Center always had a wood effect or has it faded in the sun?

zx2ykdvp13l41.jpg

I could have sworn it was like an orange marble effect.

Although it does match the interior
jurassic-park-discovery-center-universal-islands-of-adventure-035-oi-1024x574.jpg
I was talking about Gringotts

Status
Not open for further replies.