Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 869 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ride itself still looks like it's running a little slow, but I'm sure it'll pick up the pace with a mostly full train.

Again... this ride and TRON are not in direct competition with each other.
Learning about the parks for a few years now, it's weird seeing how everyone assumes everything is in direct response to everything the other company does. Super Nintendo World was designed 5 years ago, and yet people are saying they're "ripping off" things from Galaxy's Edge, which opened less than 2 years ago. These things take a lot longer than the average guest probably realizes.

I was talking more about the audiences they're going to serve. While there will be overlap, these rides are not targeting the same base, and will provide different things for different guests.
Well, my comment was sort of mentioning the same thing. The audience that want high thrill that you will get on Velocicoaster is not the same that wants a short burst of thrill that you will get on Tron.

Learning about the parks for a few years now, it's weird seeing how everyone assumes everything is in direct response to everything the other company does. Super Nintendo World was designed 5 years ago, and yet people are saying they're "ripping off" things from Galaxy's Edge, which opened less than 2 years ago. These things take a lot longer than the average guest probably realizes.

Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. It's just tiring.

Reactions: Alicia
IG: “Am I a joke to you?”
yqKtRgteZeZIBJ8xMKFfVLp55p9QGtpTTpdqJL6UTrW8DTOx-PU70rzLcDz5KOS9kacrwm4

I think the trains look really cool in isolation but I’m still not sure how I feel about them for a Jurassic Park/World themed attraction. Even compared to some of the stuff in the JW movies they look really sci-fi and pretty out of place especially next to the classic JP looking Discovery Center. I’m sure when I’m riding though the trains will be the last thing I’m thinking about.

I think the trains look really cool in isolation but I’m still not sure how I feel about them for a Jurassic Park/World themed attraction. Even compared to some of the stuff in the JW movies they look really sci-fi and pretty out of place especially next to the classic JP looking Discovery Center. I’m sure when I’m riding though the trains will be the last thing I’m thinking about.
I’m guessing it’s a “new type of technology” to help keep us safe from the raptors while inside the exhibit. The lighting is definitely part of the story, whatever it is. Maybe, like a high tech version of deer whistles. At least that way the high tech looking lighting has a story purpose.

I’m guessing it’s a “new type of technology” to help keep us safe from the raptors while inside the exhibit. The lighting is definitely part of the story, whatever it is. Maybe, like a high tech version of deer whistles. At least that way the high tech looking lighting has a story purpose.
Fair enough. Imagine something like this design on a train though :heart: 7EC9D049-AA51-41A0-85DC-4649AAE1A0B1.jpeg

Fair enough. Imagine something like this design on a train though :heart: View attachment 13785
The story of the ride will be that you are actually going on a rollercoaster that is put in a raptor pen. The car design would be totally out of place and tacky. I think the coaster design is a good extrapolation from the sci fi looking bubble vehicles that where in the movie.

The JW/JP looks also are not working for me, I just can’t imagine it doesn’t get the full JW treatment eventually. It makes sense pre or during Covid to have phased it I guess, but we need it. It’s beginning to look weird imo and a tad out of place. Ready to be in the minority

Status
Not open for further replies.