Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Someone posted this on Reddit:

'Just talked to one of the employees. They said something pretty bad happened few days ago while testing and the ride will be closed until further notice. They said it should be back up in a week, maybe even longer.'

We're due to be heading over in just a couple of weeks so I selfishly hope that it's fixed by then. Guess we'll find out.

Last edited:
To give a bit more information from what I can found out, rather than speculating about something "bad happening" which is very unprofessional of a TM.

From what I understand it's a culmination of it basically needing a full scheduled maintenance to get things back on track (no pun intended) . The ride hasn't had one since it opened 2 and half years ago, has run more times than some entire other parks coasters combined, combined with the fact it's crazy fast obv. I don't think anyone has ever been in danger and the people who are quick to rave about it are the same to run their mouth off about Intamin the moment it has downtime.

Even goats need a vacation from time to time

Knowing what occurred and that this isn't as bad as the Fury incident, I would say it almost certainly will be open by the start of April. And even that is pushing it out a bit more than it will probably be.
Great to hear. Although this incident does exacerbate my concern about VC's shelf life as well as its future enjoyability, given the numerous factors working against it (four trains almost all day every day, in FL heat).

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
Great to hear. Although this incident does exacerbate my concern about VC's shelf life as well as its future enjoyability, given the numerous factors working against it (four trains almost all day every day, in FL heat).

It will likely just need a little break each year for some touch ups. I’m sure its future is absolutely fine.

it's very hard to say, but I wouldn't rule out getting your raptor run just yet...
I won’t get my hopes up too much. My last trip to uni in Nov. was ruined by a stomach bug day 1. VC was closed when I tried the next day.

Now I’m going with my dad for what will probably be our last trip together (he’s getting older). He’s never ridden and I was/am really hoping he gets to experience it!

Reactions: yepthatguy
I won’t get my hopes up too much. My last trip to uni in Nov. was ruined by a stomach bug day 1. VC was closed when I tried the next day.

Now I’m going with my dad for what will probably be our last trip together (he’s getting older). He’s never ridden and I was/am really hoping he gets to experience it!
I wish y'all the best of luck, and hope y'all enjoy your trip either way!

• Love
Reactions: USO92
It's impressive the coaster's done this well for as long as it has! I wonder if they'll work in some future maintenance windows moving forward so we might see a few days once a year when it's closed.

I bet the wait for Hagrid's is gonna be phenomenal now.

Hopefully by the summer season it'll be back open?
Weeks at most not months. Moving forward I think we can expect it going down for scheduled more often than every 2.5 years.
I would expect trains to be rotated out more often for maintenance. Perhaps they need to buy another.

Also, I think it is worth taking statements alluding to and comparing to other serious coaster incidents with a truck load of salt. Even people I know who opened the ride have cautioned that these sorts of rumours are by no means confirmed to even them