Just Got Back From Disney | Inside Universal Forums

Just Got Back From Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 14, 2012
okay technically we got back Sunday but I needed a few days to recuperate. My friends were off competing in a journalism convention, but I had time to go to two parks while they were doing that.

I got a three-day pass, so I decided to got to one park each day. I went to MGM, Epcot and at the end my friends and I all went to Magic Kingdom.

MGM was nice. I hadn't been there in a couple years so it felt refreshing going back there. It was overall a pretty slow day, the wait times weren't terrible. Even TSMM was down to at least 45 minutes the whole day. I finally got to go on the new Star Tours and I thought it was really cool. It was like an odd mixture of the old trilogy and the new trilogy, but they still blended well together. Fantasmic was amazing (as per usual :dance: ), I wanted to do the Legend of Jack Sparrow thing but the wait was bleh and I wanted to do other things. The Great Movie Ride was weird that day... okay let me explain.

First of all, when everyone got on the cars for TGMR, for some reason the hosts were like delaying and we were all kind of sitting there thinking what's going on. But anyway I didn't think much of it, they were probably just waiting for the cars in front of us to get through the first room smoothly. So anyway, the ride's going through just fine whatevs, we ended up with the gangster and didn't do the Western building catching fire. We get to the Egyptian jewel scene and that scene goes smoothly until the host comes back and we need to move to the Tarzan scene. I was way in the back so I don't exactly know why we stopped, all I know is that we did and our host was kind of standing there awkwardly and telling us random movie and ride facts. the wait was so long that the cars behind us started coming and everyone was kind of like oh no what's gonna happen. We pulled out just in time and things went fine from there up until we got to the Wizard of Oz scene. This part I remember most of all, we stopped in the middle of munchkin land and the Wicked Witch doesn't come out :look: I met eyes with the host for like literally a second and I could still see the frozen terror in her eyes she had no idea of what to do. So we just pressed on and finished the ride with the movie at the end. I think I could see why the ride was moving slowly, in the room with the short movie was another set of ride cars taking up the space on the left, so I assume it was all because it was just taking up space. The Wicked Witch might've been another factor.

But anyway, the day ends and MGM passes. The next day I went to Epcot. One of the first things I rode was Test Track for the first time since it's revamp (duh) and of course the line surpassed like 70 minutes (duh). Single riders was less than half that, but I wanted to ride it anyway. The concept of customizing your own car was neat and the ride's new look was pretty impressive. The ride itself, it was essentially the same thing so I wasn't too impressed on that area. It did, however, feel faster to me. Overall imo it just looks nice, but aside from that it's the same thing it was before it's no biggie. After that I decided to kill time and go to Innoventions. Really most of the things I did in Epcot was to kill time. I did Living With The Land and Imagination, which were pleasant more than they were entertaining. I then did a few attractions in World Showcase, some for the first time in my life. the American Adventure was musically brilliant but lacked in any other gripping factor. If I wasn't at least a little patriotic I'd label the whole thing a terribly one-sided view of the country. I did Mexico's Gran Fiesta Tour ride, which was a little bleh, but then again it was a time killer. Universe of Energy was closed (the whole day I think), if anyone knows why I'd like to know. I was disappointed! I wanted to ride it!

Then the next day my friends and I went to Magic Kingdom. This would be the first time ever I experience New Fantasyland (probably until next year, my mom initially wanted to wait until it was all fully complete). Now, there were a lot of things I wanted to do but I couldn't so I'll just report on what I experienced. Overall New Fantasyland looked really great. Unfortunately due to crowds and arriving to the park just a little too late, I couldn't go on Enchanted Tales and Little Mermaid nor could I have lunch at Be Our Guest. My parents, however, went on TLM and reported that while it looked cute and similar to the movie it wasn't worth its wait time (which is basically the same thing everyone on here has been saying). It was definitely more of a ride that would resonate well with children. My dad also reiterated that it was not a dark ride at all, which I do agree with him on it never seemed like a dark ride. Storybook Circus was perhaps really the most impressive and awesome part of the expansion imo. I love it! I just kind of want to go back to MK just to see more of that area I wish I had more time to explore. I also loved the Tangled area, it was all pretty to look at. The construction site was an eyesore, but you can sort of overlook it for everything else surrounding it. Even thought I couldn't go into the restaurant the BatB area itself was so beautiful. I seriously can't wait until next year when it's all done.

Overall the changes and additions were impressive feats of beauty, granted more than their physical quality but I don't doubt the additions will become timeless favorites. I got the vibe from pretty much all of them. Hopefully the Mine Train has that similar feeling to it. Here's to decades and decades of these additions making lasting impressions :cheers:

That's it from my end of reporting. I really hope I can go back to Disney near the end of the year like I normally do :bouncymick: