Justice League (2017/2021) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Justice League (2017/2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Zack made one good film....it was for boys (yeah yeah its adult because blood but basically men yelling and fighting) the guy literally doesn't understand what adults like about comics nor does he understand Batman in a way deeper than a mature toddler....Batman should use guns and say the F word that would make him cool.

God, I dislike his version of comic movies so much

But also, like, why are they blowing their load on one 4 hour movie instead of milking this into a 4-6 episode series and giving subscribers a reason to stick around?

*Gestures to WB's actions the past couple days and gives a big shrug*

I honestly don't know, but it's been par for the course with their recent choices.

Reactions: Nick
I'd honestly much rather watch this as one giant, epic film, edited and paced as such. BEN-HUR/TEN COMMANDMENTS/GONE WITH THE WIND style. Throw an Overture and an Entr'acte in there, too.

I'll still watch it, whatever the case, but with episodes, it would just feel too much like television to me.

I'd honestly much rather watch this as one giant, epic film, edited and paced as such. BEN-HUR/TEN COMMANDMENTS/GONE WITH THE WIND style. Throw an Overture and an Entr'acte in there, too.

I'll still watch it, whatever the case, but with episodes, it would just feel too much like television to me.
I think to me Mando shows...that many times with these bigger universes Bug Budget TV shows just work better. JL had 3 characters most people have no idea on there origins. Along with setting up a lot of future plots and films. The show should at least been an option like have it show form then also put out a release with all as a movie.

Reports saying this is coming out March 2021. Happy for the fans, not optimistic it'll give them what they want.
I think in the end, there's a high chance that Joss Whedon's version will end up being better. It would've been better for Snyder to leave HIS Justice league as this mythical thing that people couldn't stop fawning over without even knowing what it was. Now it will be out there as a real thing and I think there's a high likelihood, as you said, that a portion of people will be let down by it.

Nice to have a date, I guess. I still don't care enough that i'll sign up just for it, but here's to hoping it's good.
Same..plus I think it could have worked as a TV show better....this is just one long boring film...lol

It would have taken more editing which is why Im sure they just made a film but the show could have maybe be paced better but whatever people will love it or hate it...I'll beat a coke Loki, WandaVision or Falcon are all better than this.

Reactions: SeventyOne
That final line of the trailer has some legitimately great-A trolling that I kind of respect the hell out of. Out of anything else, I respect them for that.

I am interested to see how it works. Usually I love his DC's more than his theatricals, and I hope this is no different.

I don't get the hype. Batman v Superman was awful to me. I doubt a re-cut version of Justice League is going to be any better. But I understand fans of DC want this to work so bad that even if it's just mediocre they'll say Snyder has been vindicated. The problem with the DC Cinematic universe is they haven't spent the time to really do character development. I'm not invested in any of these characters based on the current film adaptations. Not every superhero movie needs to have world ending or universe ending consequences. Sometimes a small story, set in a city or town is much more relatable. That's why Nolan's Dark Knight worked for me better than whatever this is. I like the dark tone, but I'm not connected to any of the characters intentions or motivations.

I don't get the hype. Batman v Superman was awful to me. I doubt a re-cut version of Justice League is going to be any better. But I understand fans of DC want this to work so bad that even if it's just mediocre they'll say Snyder has been vindicated. The problem with the DC Cinematic universe is they haven't spent the time to really do character development. I'm not invested in any of these characters based on the current film adaptations. Not every superhero movie needs to have world ending or universe ending consequences. Sometimes a small story, set in a city or town is much more relatable. That's why Nolan's Dark Knight worked for me better than whatever this is. I like the dark tone, but I'm not connected to any of the characters intentions or motivations.

In a similar way, I think my problem stems with the DCEU on that they rushed things, trying to play catch-up when they could've easily of taken their time with a product that would work better for long-term growth. It's why films like Shazam, Birds of Prey, and the original Wonder Woman work for me. They strike a fun chord that works really well; letting them be unique enough to stand out while also fitting into a potential universe.

I've not been excited for JL, but I am always going to be willing to give whatever Snyder's cut is, a legitimate shot. Regardless if it's good or bad, my critiques will be genuine.

It feels even darker than BvS? I still don’t know what is supposed to be different story wise, so I’m glad that the trailer didn’t give it all away. I’ve been holding a free trial I got with a Blu-ray in my back pocket for this.

It's not about being "better", it's for people who hitched onto Snyder's vision/tone. Which is ok.