Kevin Feige’s Star Wars project | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Kevin Feige’s Star Wars project

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking back on this, they had Chloe Zhao tapped to direct and Michael Waldron set to write the film. Zhao had a big disappointment in Eternals, Waldron provided some good writing on Loki, but then some stuff I didn't necessarily love on Multiverse of Madness, although I ultimately liked the film a good deal.

Wonder if Feige just couldn't find the time for this with everything going on with the MCU? But it also seems Kathleen Kennedy can't seem to get a Star Wars movie off the ground. We've now had the Benioff & Weiss trilogy die, Rian Johnson's trilogy die, Rogue Squadron/Patty Jenkins movie die, Feige's movie die, and Taika's I don't even want to happen.

Rogue Squadron had a lot of hope, although after seeing WW1984, idk if Jenkins was capable enough to both direct and write the movie. I'd have felt better if she had a co-writer involved. The biggest loss is Rian Johnson not getting to do his trilogy because of how toxic the fandom is that the movies probably wouldn't make money. Rian is an extremely talented writer and director (along with being a Star Wars fan himself) and I think a self contained trilogy where he controlled the beginning, middle, and end could've been really good. Plus, people couldn't complain about things happening to legacy charters since this would've been a story of his own creation.

I think Jenkins has gotten an unfair rep since WW1984. Yes, the movie wasn’t good, but many directors have had stinkers that didn’t define the rest of their career. Otherwise, Steven Spielberg wouldn’t have made another movie after 1941. Monster shows that she has the potential to write a good script.

Same reason I don’t think Taika Waititi should be written off completely after Love and Thunder.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I think Jenkins has gotten an unfair rep since WW1984. Yes, the movie wasn’t good, but many directors have had stinkers that didn’t define the rest of their career. Otherwise, Steven Spielberg wouldn’t have made another movie after 1941. Monster shows that she has the potential to write a good script.

Same reason I don’t think Taika Waititi should be written off completely after Love and Thunder.
Taika Waititi is a great director. His sense of humor is very well described by his show What We Do In The Shadows and Our Flag Means Death. I felt he struck the right balance on Ragnarok, but i'm afraid every movie from him is just going to be his over the top humor which I just can't imagine playing well in a Star Wars movie. I also don't want to see him doing a Thor 5 because I think the franchise needs to change tones again. Doesn't mean I won't watch his awards content. And I am fully betting on Taika directing a DC project over with James Gunn.

I really wouldn't have minded Patty Jenkins directing Rogue Squadron. It's her writing the whole thing that had me nervous. She didn't write Wonder Woman and it was pretty good. She was the head writer on 1984 and it sucked. I'm just going on results. It says nothing about her as a director, just not feeling her as a writer.