KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The KidZone stage (right outside the restrooms near ET and Spongebob store) will be a remnant while the rest is worked on so I could see them possibly doing a version of the DreamWorks Destination thing up there during this.

Reactions: Alicia
Some wording I noticed: 'KidZone Pizza Company'.

Makes me wonder if it's going from Woody Woodpecker's KidZone to just, KidZone.

Reactions: shiekra38
My speculation is a Kung Fu Panda land for 2024. A couple of flats, the boat ride from Beijing OR DreamWorks Theatre from Hollywood, and a retheme of Woody Woodpecker. Nothing super big or time consuming.
I would be more than happy with this (with the boat ride). The park really needs a water based ride system.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
homelander-the-boys.gif

I guess what I'm really driving at is that you would suggest we shouldn't expect any new rides (of any significance) to come from this?
I don't know that we'll see any knew buildings built out of this. I think this could be like the current Shrek -> VillianCon project where it's just updating a really old building that's been in the park since 1990. That's what i'm expecting out of this. A gutting of all existing structures and update to fit in new IP.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
DreamWorks or Illumination?
Dreamworks makes the most sense, and KFP strikes me as the most appealing property. I think Shrek is out until they relaunch the property, which will happen before too long. As has been said, a water-based system seems like it would fill a big void. I still think its nuts that Minions doesn't have an AA-driven dark ride, but until they want to redesign all of Production Central, the screen-based Minion stuff will have to do. If I got to chose, I'd take a heavily-themed Spongebob flume, but for a variety of reasons its going to be a property Uni fully controls. Gotta strengthen that brand cohesion.

What a U turn for Universal. Advance announcements. First Chucky, now KidZone. The world turns upside down. :lol: :rock:
Announcing the closure is an improvement - Uni generally needs to be more up front about what is going to be open on any given day. I'll be disappointed if they make any announcement about the content of the renovation until significant construction is underway - that's something they're better about then Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.