Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (2024) | Inside Universal Forums

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Super jazzed to see Wes get the chance to do something large scale at 21CF again, especially following the cancelled Mouse Guard project. I'm very interested to see if his time with the teams on that will prove fruitful for what we might be seeing out of this.

Will take place within the same universe, but Ceasar will not be the focus. My money is on a time jump. If it films this year, it could realistically release next summer or holiday season.

I'm excited this is really happening....like I kept hearing about this film and just thought somehow Disney would never really make it...very very glad we are getting more of these movies

I believe I mentioned this before. Back in the day, it was customary for men to wear suits to the large downtown theaters that had exclusive first run rights to the new movies. Pittsburgh had a number of those ornate, huge screen theaters, that had seating in the 1800 to 3000 range. One such theater was the Stanley, which is now the Byham cultural district theater hosting the Pgh. Ballet & musical theater. Anyway, it turned out to be the last movie theater that I attended where everyone had a suit on. Cultural norms changed drastically almost overnight. And that movie premier was the original "Planet of the Apes" with Charlton Heston. A fabulous movie that unfortunately had very lackluster sequels. The scenes of this new film look so very similar. What an experience it was to see movies in those magnificent palaces.

Reactions: Jake S and belloq87
Yeah, I have very fond memories of watching all the original Planet of the Apes films with my dad on VHS growing up. I know they didn’t last in terms of quality but I loved digging into the lore as a kid/tween.

These new movies have been absolutely phenomenal and truly haunting when at their best. It’s been fun to see modern takes on what is a compelling story.

They’ve changed directors for this film (and I think writers) which had me worried, but this teaser at least looks fantastic in direction and CGI.

While I'm still not a fan of CGI monkeys, the films have been well done. This looks really good!

If I remember correctly, this is the start of another trilogy right?
Yep. Canonically connected to the other trilogy, but a new trilogy set in a different time I believe.

Reactions: Wesker69
Started my rewatch of the series

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is such a strong start and what's funny is its kinda the odd one out. It starts with humans and moves onto Caesar story while the two films after follow just the Apes.

Reactions: belloq87