1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Kings Island General Discussion

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by SkiBum, Aug 3, 2018.

1. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

P@n!K_Sw1tC# Veteran Member

Something like this for Vortex's replacement please...

[​IMG]

2. SkiBum

SkiBum Veteran Member

Absolutely. I would much prefer a lift hill with a nice drop into this style of layout.

3. cwgator

cwgator Member

I don't see Invertigo leaving any time soon. There's noting wrong with it. They put Stinger's train (from Dorney Park) on it this season and still have the other available for parts. It really takes up no room.I actually liked it, and much better than the sit-down Boomerang coaster's I've been on (including those with the new trains/restraints).

4. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Rookie

Whatever people might have thought of Vortex, it is sad to lose a historic Arrow coaster. It was also in a central location of the park, and that area will feel really empty once it is gone. They should have let Vortex run till they were ready to replace it. This just feels like a cost cutting movie. At least Magic Mountain still has Viper, which is the best of the Arrow Loopers.

I hope Kings Island never closes The Bat. I love Arrow Suspended Coasters, and it would really suck to lose one of the very last ones that still exist. Currently, there are only five left worldwide, and two of them are in the Ohio parks.

I found Invertigo to be way more of a headbanger than Vortex was. I am 6'4 though so my head is always far above the restraints on Arrow coasters.

5. Ryan

Ryan Staff Member Moderator

Was not a fan of Vortex. It looks pretty, but isn't very fun to ride. Glad I got the credit.

Another Gerstlauer Dive Machine like Knott's Hangtime would be amazing in that spot.

SkiBum likes this.
  6. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Rookie

My pick for Vortex's replacement is a RMC T-Rex. The biggest thing that Kings Island lacks in terms of coasters is a RMC, so I would love for them to get a ground up RMC.

7. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

I could see a B&M floorless going into that spot.

SukaVayne73 likes this.
  8. SkiBum

SkiBum Veteran Member

I'd prefer this to the RMC T-Rex. I'd rather have something proven rather than something that could experience downtime. Plus, I'm not sure about the T-Rex capacity whereas B&M coasters are people eaters. I know that Intamin flies in the face of reliability but a megalite or blitz coaster would be nice.

9. SkiBum

SkiBum Veteran Member

Brake run is now installed on Orion and the BOC (Big Ol' Crane) is being assembled. According to park spokesman, the first hill should be completely constructed by the end of October.

Joe likes this.
  10. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Member

This thing is going to open before West Coast Racers at SFMM. Smh

Coolbfitz, Honor_Knight and Condog like this.
  11. SkiBum

SkiBum Veteran Member

shiekra38 likes this.