Knives Out | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Knives Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Knives Out has earned over 100 million domestically; as a major win for Rian Johnson and Lionsgate this year.

It's expected to crack 200 million with international numbers by the end of the weekend as-well.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Lionsgate shifts between extremely arrogant and unexpectedly successful. They have been crushing showtime for a while in premium cable which seems like a mistake but CBS looks like they want to push people to all access and not showtime.

Lionsgate has had a great year and between John Wick and now Knives Out (which is expected to get a sequel), they've shifted from a Studio only known for it's popular YA films to now having some really great (and cheap to make) Adult-oriented franchises.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Easily one of my favorite films of last year. I rewatched the other day and enjoyed it just as much. Can’t wait to see how Riann Johnson expands on this world.

Easily one of my favorite films of last year. I rewatched the other day and enjoyed it just as much. Can’t wait to see how Riann Johnson expands on this world.

Totally agree. The calibre of cast was pretty amazing too, have high hopes for the rumoured/confirmed(?) sequel.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Totally agree. The calibre of cast was pretty amazing too, have high hopes for the rumoured/confirmed(?) sequel.
Confirmed. They wanna make it a franchise, each film being its own mystery with a new cast, besides the three detectives.

Not really? The structure of detective oriented properties feature new cases with every iteration. Think Sherlock Holmes.
Sherlock Holmes is more mainstream example (and a better equivalent), yes, I was sort of thinking of the USA show The Sinner when I typed that. That show basically follows a homicide detective (Bill Pullman as Harry Ambrose) on one case per season. It calls itself an anthology series. I don't see how that's much different than a Sherlock Holmes.

Sherlock Holmes is more mainstream example (and a better equivalent), yes, I was sort of thinking of the USA show The Sinner when I typed that. That show basically follows a homicide detective (Bill Pullman as Harry Ambrose) on one case per season. It calls itself an anthology series. I don't see how that's much different than a Sherlock Holmes.
I’d agree with considering Knives Out an anthology as long as it changes locations and supporting cast each installment. A traditional detective-type series has a killer of the week, but maintains fairly consistent in setting & format. (Think Murder She Wrote or Law & Order)

Reactions: Nick