Knott's Berry Farm | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Huh.

It would certainly be unique to SoCal, it's not a family coaster and it's replacing a godawful Boomerang. I'm still a little hung up on it. Eurofighters are enormous fun, but stuck in the middle of Knott's could look like a twisted eyesore. I think my problem is that this is still too small. I just don't think I'll ever rest until they finally realize, "Ok we need to find out a way to put a B&M giga in here," That's the magic ingredient Knott's is missing to really shine attention on to it, and it's way more appealing to the SoCal crowd than a Eurofighter would be.

But I still have faith in Matt Ouimet if this true.

I just Youtube'd Monster at Adventureland. That looks like a really fun coaster! If what we get is anything like that, I'm all for it. That would be a great addition for Knotts! 

When I first heard "Eurofighter", the first thing that came up for some reason was the off the shelf kind. That was something I would've been "eh" about. Now if it's anything like Monster, if this rumor is true, then Knotts is going to have a great addition on their hands. 

Now, Giga by Ghostrider and backstage. Please...PLEASE KNOTT'S! 

Reactions: Ryan
Former Disneyland VP; Jon Storbeck has been officially appointed as the new General Manager of Knotts Berry Farm.

Former GM of Knotts; Raffi Kaprelyan is moving to Cedar Fairs VP of Regional Vice President.

Jon Storbeck was VP of DTD and the Hotels and before that, VP of Disneyland for nine years.

I think more good things are ahead for Knotts. Things are looking up for this wonderful park. 

Since we have a former Disney higher up in here, I really don't think Knotts will be done with dark rides. 

Again, for now I disagree.

Ouimet may be former Disney, but Cedar Fair does not have Disney's budget. Matt did the best he could with renovations and a new (but cheap) dark ride, and he has been adamant that he wants other parks to get Triotech dark rides. Considering all the other Cedar Fair parks, that's a lot to pass around until they get possibly back to Knott's. I wouldn't expect one if they did until late into the next decade.

Reactions: Alexshow.

Ouimet may be former Disney, but Cedar Fair does not have Disney's budget. Matt did the best he could with renovations and a new (but cheap) dark ride, and he has been adamant that he wants other parks to get Triotech dark rides. Considering all the other Cedar Fair parks, that's a lot to pass around until they get possibly back to Knott's. I wouldn't expect one if they did until late into the next decade.

In a way, the park has also lacked a thrill-based attraction for some time. I'd have to think that the Eurofighter (Hoping it acts as a Infinity Coaster instead) will give a reason to come not just for the family attractions.

He has also been adamant about wanting Garner Holt to do dark rides as well. Maybe it will be a while before we get one again, but I feel like the new President may want to push for more themed attractions at least. Additions that may not necessarily have to be dark rides. 

In a way, the park has also lacked a thrill-based attraction for some time. I'd have to think that the Eurofighter (Hoping it acts as a Infinity Coaster instead) will give a reason to come not just for the family attractions.

Let's just hope that their next coaster doesn't feature the word, "wind". That never bodes well for Knott's rides. 

Last edited by a moderator:
From Matthew Gottula's (@DLthings) Twitter,

I'm told Boomerang at Knott's will be removed by end of summer 2017, to be replaced with a full-circuit roller coaster by summer 2018 (Link to Source).

No details yet of type or manufacturer of coaster. Now it makes sense that the adjacent Riptide was recently replaced with a simple planter (Link to Source).

I'm also hearing a rumor that Fiesta Village is the next area of Knott's to get a comprehensive overhaul. Exciting stuff (Link to Source)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chris.g
Adds up to what I've been hearing as well.

What makes me curious is of Fiesta Village getting the revamp. It makes me hope that Monte gets some good love, and that Jaguar gets some new elements to not make it just a scenic coaster in a sense. Plus, making the area revamped in its theming (plus, the hopeful removal of La Revolucion); along with some new additions for the family.

I wonder if Fiesta Village will be more like Camp Snoopy and accompany the new coaster in 2017, or if FV will be the 2018 project. Either way it's much needed, especially with the station for Windseeker being still present and a planet.

If Knott's does get that Eurofighter, I hope they get this amazing lighting package that Adventureland in Iowa got. That would completely make me onboard with the park getting one:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/l2jSGxQnjRg?feature=oembed

Reactions: Ridesandstuff
What I would like to see in Fiesta Village revamp: 

-New small flat under Jaguar final helix (Maybe a small Tilt-A-Whirl)

-New flat to replace Windseeker's spot (An Enterprise?)

-Replace the midway games with those missions they had for display a long time ago

-Make those Jaguar effects work again! 

-Improve the food around there

-Shape up the exteriors. Give them a more old Mexico style.

If they put in two/three more flats, I hope they're not all family rides and that they put in one thrill ride.