Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Jon Fu

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus
Jul 26, 2010
California
After more than seven years, I'll be heading down to Knott's Berry Farm on Monday for a visit.

So far, I've been told to do the new boardwalk, log ride, Xcellerator, the Calico mine ride, and Silver Bullet. Oh, and plenty of funnel cakes and churros. Any other notables?

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew that.. :mellow:

Well, to answer your question, Jon, no - you don't get drenched on the log ride. It's just a more interesting experience at night. I recommend you check out Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Timber Mountain Log Ride, The Boardwalk, and don't forget the funnel cake.

I'm assuming you get drenched, correct?
Nope... Knott's Log Ride is like the anti-Jurassic Park/Splash Mountain in that it aims to be more charming rather than its quest to make you wet.

Trust me: for full, 100% enjoyment it has got to be ridden at night, or at least around dusk.

The worst kept Knotts announcement has been announced. Garner Holt announced they'd be doing a Calico Mine Ride overhaul for 2014. not suprised.

I went to Knott's last week. I loved it... they lack the budget og USH obviously but the park has its charm and if you love roller coasters but yet having some milder options this is the park for you. Plus food is so delicious...

ok so Knott's announced 3 new family rides for Camp Snoopy.

Buena Park, Calif. 2014 marks the beginning of an exciting time in Knott’s history as its treasured Camp Snoopy celebrates the big 3-0 with a complete restoration of the entire land! Today, Knott’s Berry Farm is proud to announce the three new rides coming to the land of High Sierra fun: Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer, Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies and Linus Launcher. The addition of the three new family rides, built by Zamperla, demonstrates Knott’s commitment to reinvestment in one of the most beloved children’s areas ever created.

• Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer invites campers to “fly a kite” with Charlie Brown and soar above the land’s winding paths and babbling streams – but watch out for the kite-eating tree! This 32-passenger adventure allows guests to sit side-by-side on 16 swings for a spin that whisks riders up to 18 feet above the ground. As the tree rises, good ol’ Charlie Brown is revealed upside down and all tied up in kite string! Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer will replace Snoopy Bounce.

• Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies lets tykes climb aboard their very own all-terrain vehicle for an adventurous ride around the High Sierras. Six four-seater ATVs will spin, bounce, and bump up to 24 guests at a time, while Pig Pen looks on from his center perch. Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies will replace Log Peeler.

• Linus Launcher recreates that classic Peanut’s moment when Snoopy grabs Linus’ blanket and launches him on a wild ride. On Linus Launcher, guests lay on one of twelve “blankets” as they fly round and round. Up to 24 guests lay side-by-side while Snoopy launches them up almost 10 feet in the air. Guests will enjoy a Woodstock’s-eye view of Huff ‘n Puff, The Grizzly Creek Lodge, and all of Camp Snoopy below! Linus Launcher will replace Charlie Brown’s Speedway.

Get a sneak peak of the revitalized area with an all-new preview sketch at knotts.com, featuring the new rides. In the picturesque rendering, the three new attractions are stunningly depicted: Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies (front left); Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer (front right); Linus Launcher (back right).

During construction, Knott’s will share exciting announcements and progress through a series of weekly updates on knotts.com. Over the next several weeks, Knott’s will unveil new changes to the land and take readers behind the scenes of this enormous construction project. Join the conversation on social media using [HASHTAG]#CampSnoopy[/HASHTAG] to track even more updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Camp Snoopy construction began on January 6th and will continue until the grand re-opening in early summer. Don’t miss any of the exciting news from Knott’s Berry Farm in 2014!

A 2014 Season Pass is a great way to experience all of Knott’s Farm Fresh Fun all year long! Knott’s Berry Farm Season Passes are now available online for just six easy payments of $14.00. For more information on Knott’s Berry Farm including admission, season passes, park hours, and events visit www.knotts.com or download the Knott’s Berry Farm app for your smart phone.
This seems great as some of the rides are good for replacement and i'm suprised that the speedway is going and not huff and puff.

Kinda strange to me they are investing in all the spinner rides. Camp Snoopy was already basically a village of spinners. Guess the old ones are falling apart.