Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Get rid of the classic (and rare) Schwarzkopf shuttle loop and keep the crappy Vekoma Boomerang? If that happens, imma head down to Cedar Fair HQ and slap Matt Ouimet in the face.

Let's hope it's the former.

I think there is hope that Monty may stay. This is what Screamscape said:

With a Soak City expansion planned for 2017, it seems fairly clear that 2018 should be a big year for Knott's Berry Farm itself. Adding a bit more fuel to the fire, a reader sent me an official statement about the 2017 Coaster Run event that has been taking place at Knott's for the past several years, which involves the racers running through a course that weaves throughout the entire Knott's Berry Farm theme park.     According to the statement, the 2017 Coaster Run event will be moved to Six Flags Magic Mountain because "Knott's Berry Farm told us that they had construction planned inside the park that would prevent the event from traveling through the property." With the event slated for April 2017, the timing is interesting as this could mean that Knott's has a very large project in store for 2018 if they will have construction under full swing by April 2017. Perhaps guests should keep an eagle eye out for survey markings and such to appear in the park over the next several months.

Remember, there were rumors of a Fiesta Villiage restoration and they could be working on replacing Boomerang. That could be enough to intrude the path for the event.

On the other hand, getting rid of Monty and having the coaster go through Camp Snoopy, around the plaza and outside all sounds too perfect for this to come true. Ugh. Please keep Monty. If they really want to make a big Giga coaster (And I would love to see one), have it go next to Ghostrider, backstage, and where that parking lot is across from TGI's. It would work great. Putting such a coaster where Monty is would look ugly as heck. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Monty's staying, and throw those giga coaster ideas out the darn dirty window. That rumor is just like Rudy Giuliani - it just won't die. 

BUTTTT I can say that construction will probably be starting immediately after KSF for this new project. Get excited!

Monty's staying, and throw those giga coaster ideas out the darn dirty window. That rumor is just like Rudy Giuliani - it just won't die. 

BUTTTT I can say that construction will probably be starting immediately after KSF for this new project. Get excited!

Whew thank God. Kinda bummed there will be no Giga. Six Flags should do one eventually. 

I take it's going to be the Fiesta Village restoration that will happen next year? 

Whew thank God. Kinda bummed there will be no Giga. Six Flags should do one eventually. 

I take it's going to be the Eurofighter you mentioned before? 

The fact that it's starting shortly after KSF makes me believe that it isn't an Eurofighter..and I wonder about Jaguar more than I would say for Monty.

The fact that it's starting shortly after KSF makes me believe that it isn't an Eurofighter..and I wonder about Jaguar more than I would say for Monty.

I quickly edited my post as I realized a coaster doesn't take that long haha. 

Well it sounds like this project will be something big. I keep hearing Fiesta Village will be next to get attention so I'm excited to see if that will happen. If it does happen,  hopefully we'll get a couple of nice flats and a good full service Mexican restaurant. 

So it turns out I'll be going to Knotts Scary Farm for the first time since 2004 on Halloween night.  What is the best order of doing all the mazes as I will not have a Front of Line Pass.  From what little Ive seen posted on this, it seems like Special Ops or Paranormal should be my first mazes of the night.

In the past when I have gone to KSF, I would always go on last day of the event and crowds were never an issue, is it still the same?

My mind can't wrap around this one unless it involves a complete wipe and rebuild of Fiesta Village sans Monty.

Not that anyone cares, but I went to Scary Farm for the first time last Saturday and was lucky enough to get fright lane with skeleton key, so I was able to complete everything with a couple repeats, except for the shows which I had no real desire to see even though I did see like 10 mins of the hanging until I decide my time was better spent waiting outside Johnny Rockets to see if my group had been called yet. I plan on writing a review at some point, but I'm lazy so I don't know if that will happen, I mean it took me almost a week to write this post. Coming from someone who has been going to Horror Nights for years, I thought this was a really cool experience.

Went to Scary Farm last night for my third and final time this year and it was a lot of fun! Probably had the best run through of Shadowlands since I first went through it. It was, however, pretty packed for a Thursday night. Ended up skipping Red Barn since the line was too long and thought it was the weakest house. I went during the day to get some rides in and there were NO LINES. I got to ride Xcellerator three times in a row without leaving my seat. It was amazing. Ghostrider was a five minute wait as well. If you have a weekday open during off-season, go to Knotts at least once. You'll have an amazing time. 

Went to Scary Farm last night for my third and final time this year and it was a lot of fun! Probably had the best run through of Shadowlands since I first went through it. It was, however, pretty packed for a Thursday night. Ended up skipping Red Barn since the line was too long and thought it was the weakest house. I went during the day to get some rides in and there were NO LINES. I got to ride Xcellerator three times in a row without leaving my seat. It was amazing. Ghostrider was a five minute wait as well. If you have a weekday open during off-season, go to Knotts at least once. You'll have an amazing time. 

I stopped by KBF yesterday as well. Parked in the one-hour lot right next to GR. Ran in, jumped on Ghostrider (4 minute wait), grabbed a water and was back in my car in 29 minutes. BTW- when I pulled out around 12:30pm, they had no one at the exit booth, with the gate raised.....

Nee additions announced: "Sol Spin" ride in the former Windseeker location, a legitimate BBQ place with Craft Beer replacing Boardwalk BBQ, and new slides at Soak City. 

https://knottsnetwork.net/2016/11/01/knotts-offers-expanded-seasons-of-fun-summer-interactive-entertainment-and-thrilling-new-rides-in-2017/

Doesn't sound like Fiesta Village will be getting much more attention than just a new flat or they would have mentioned it. It would have been nice to add a full service Mexican restaurant to the mix. 

I wonder if this is placemaking for other flat rides leaving in the future for a restaurant or something else?

Either way, I didn't see this coming. A Mondial Top Scan is a rather intense flat (even moreso than the old Hammerhead), but it's going to be weird seeing Knott's promote one for 2017. Then again, considering that Universal is a repeat year, DLR will have BREAKOUT (ugh), Six Flags has Justice League and SeaWorld has a bizarre dark ride it kind of fits this upcoming oddball year.

Sol Spin opened Saturday. I might take a spin on it this week. 

Also today is Boomerang's last day. I'm hearing conflicting runors that he replacement is either a Eurofighter or a hyper. I'm really hoping for the latter. We need an airtime filled big ride. 

Sol Spin opened Saturday. I might take a spin on it this week. 

Also today is Boomerang's last day. I'm hearing conflicting runors that he replacement is either a Eurofighter or a hyper. I'm really hoping for the latter. We need an airtime filled big ride. 

I'm curious, as the Skytower hasn't been operational and that Grill hasn't even gone vertical, are they potentially planning on removing the tower and using that plot of land of the Grill for the new coaster? It's just something that I am wondering.

I'm curious, as the Skytower hasn't been operational and that Grill hasn't even gone vertical, are they potentially planning on removing the tower and using that plot of land of the Grill for the new coaster? It's just something that I am wondering.

Hmmm...haven't heard anything on that but i could see that. The grill is finally going vertical so they will use that chunk of land for it. 

IF this is a hypercoaster, I could see it go over the midway, thru Xcellerator, around Supreme, and then back. I think it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't take advantage of that space.