Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Screamscape is reporting this is the lineup for new haunts at Scary Farm this year:
  • Room 13/Vacancy (Bear-Y Tales Arcade)
  • Slasher Cinema (Boardwalk Ballroom)
  • 50th Anniversary Haunt (Camp Snoopy)
Dark Entities and The Depths will be retiring this year.

Last edited:
Screamscape is reporting this is the lineup for new haunts at Scary Farm this year:
  • Room 13/Vacancy (Bear-Y Tales Arcade)
  • Slasher Cinema (Boardwalk Ballroom)
  • 50th Anniversary Haunt (Camp Snoopy)
Dark Entities and The Depths will be retiring this year.
Slasher Cinema was a house from many years ago. So they did resurrect a maze from the past!

Really interested in the 50th anniversary haunt. Wonder if it will be exclusive to this year. Would also be great if they surprised us with having some monsters in the Log Ride.

I’m hoping that whatever replaces Dark Entities and Depths won’t be the only new mazes next year. It would suck having all of the new content crammed over there. They need to spread things out some.

Slasher Cinema was a house from many years ago. So they did resurrect a maze from the past!

Really interested in the 50th anniversary haunt. Wonder if it will be exclusive to this year. Would also be great if they surprised us with having some monsters in the Log Ride.

I’m hoping that whatever replaces Dark Entities and Depths won’t be the only new mazes next year. It would suck having all of the new content crammed over there. They need to spread things out some.
Can anyone follow me up? What is slasher cinema I'm new to the haunt. Also, if anyone can provide pictures or images that would be great.

Can anyone follow me up? What is slasher cinema I'm new to the haunt. Also, if anyone can provide pictures or images that would be great.
If there was a Slasher Cinema maze in the past, I can't find any information on it. There was a maze called Slasher of the Dark in 1995-96 but that's the closest I can find.

Seems like a b-movie fest maze. sounds very fun. reminds me of slaughter cinema at universal orlando a few years back. makes total sense and fits in with the boardwalk ballroom/carnevil theme.

Could’ve sworn there was a Slasher Cinema house around 1999-2000-ish. Can’t look it up right now but maybe it was under another name?
I’m unsure if this is the haunt Freak is referring to, but Knott’s had a haunt back in the day called Horrorwood. I don’t think this is exactly what we’re getting this year, but it was a house that unofficially, and I emphasize unofficially, celebrated multiple different horror films.

As for the 50th Anniversary Haunt, I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a mashup of multiple past haunts. I’m beating Doll Factory will make a cameo.

I’m unsure if this is the haunt Freak is referring to, but Knott’s had a haunt back in the day called Horrorwood. I don’t think this is exactly what we’re getting this year, but it was a house that unofficially, and I emphasize unofficially, celebrated multiple different horror films.

As for the 50th Anniversary Haunt, I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a mashup of multiple past haunts. I’m beating Doll Factory will make a cameo.

Oh that’s actually what I was thinking of. I could’ve SWORN Slasher Cinema was a familiar name but I guess that’s the Mandela effect on me.

I’m thinking it will be a similar approach to Orlando’s Slaughter Sinema in that it will feature numerous fake movies. The beauty of the concept is that they can swap out old “movies” for new ones if they want to. They can keep it around longer and freshen it up.

Oh that’s actually what I was thinking of. I could’ve SWORN Slasher Cinema was a familiar name but I guess that’s the Mandela effect on me.

I’m thinking it will be a similar approach to Orlando’s Slaughter Sinema in that it will feature numerous fake movies. The beauty of the concept is that they can swap out old “movies” for new ones if they want to. They can keep it around longer and freshen it up.
So supposedly it never happened, might this be a new theme they will explore?

Last edited:
Here's the latest Screamscape rumors on Scary Farm to whet your appetite ahead of the announcement event. EDIT: apologies to @MikePat - I didn't see your earlier post on this.
1692575294332.png

Last edited:
Odds are with how close we are to KSF's unveiling ceremony, it is likely more accurate than not.

That being said, the mystery of the show in the Schults theater still remains.

Interesting reporting by Screamscape. There still are a few things that haven't been reported on yet, but thankfully we won't have to wait much longer.

Regarding the "no-boo" necklaces, I am personally not a fan. My mindset is if you don't want to get scared at a haunted event, you should probably just sit it out. There are plenty of other Halloween themed events in Southern California that you can attend that don't have people jumping out at you. Just my two cents.

Lol will someone try suing if they do get scared with a no-boo necklace on. I see their wording implies no guarantee. It's kind of silly, not sure how well it worked at Howl o Scream.

They’re offering No Boo necklaces this year. Haha. Lame. And it only works in scare zones and not mazes.
I just don't get why you would go to these event....if you didn't want to get scared

It doesn't work on mazes where you will be jumped at way more then most scarezones.

I understand money but....question who is this for?

people going to the event with their friends. knott's scary farm is infamous for having wildly long ride queues even if maze queues are relatively empty. I'm with you, I think it's wild, but ... a lot of teens go to this event that just wanna hang out with their friends.
lol

I love hanging out with my friends in a places where I'm terrified of everything around me, lol

I understand there are a few, but yeah just strange to me, go any other time, lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jake S