Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You’d be surprised how many “scaredy cats” go to the event. I remember going several years ago to HHN with a group of friends. We did AWiL and after that they were like “that was too scary let’s do rides!” I was dragged into doing only rides and then they finally decided they were “brave enough” for Dracula Untold. After that they had enough and went home. Needless to say I never went with them to another haunt again. LOL

Oh that’s actually what I was thinking of. I could’ve SWORN Slasher Cinema was a familiar name but I guess that’s the Mandela effect on me.

I’m thinking it will be a similar approach to Orlando’s Slaughter Sinema in that it will feature numerous fake movies. The beauty of the concept is that they can swap out old “movies” for new ones if they want to. They can keep it around longer and freshen it up.
Slaughter Sinema was a house in Orlando hhn a few years back **edit whoops you already said that

Interesting reporting by Screamscape. There still are a few things that haven't been reported on yet, but thankfully we won't have to wait much longer.

Regarding the "no-boo" necklaces, I am personally not a fan. My mindset is if you don't want to get scared at a haunted event, you should probably just sit it out. There are plenty of other Halloween themed events in Southern California that you can attend that don't have people jumping out at you. Just my two cents.
Yeah but man they're really pulling out all the stops here. A ton of new decor, 3 new mazes, at least 1 new scare zone, and at least 2 new big shows, plus all the other bells and whistles for this year such as the lanterns and legacy store... PLUS the fact they lost hella money during covid AND last year... I don't blame all these "cash grabs"

Yeah but man they're really pulling out all the stops here. A ton of new decor, 3 new mazes, at least 1 new scare zone, and at least 2 new big shows, plus all the other bells and whistles for this year such as the lanterns and legacy store... PLUS the fact they lost hella money during covid AND last year... I don't blame all these "cash grabs"
I think this year will be bigger than anyone is anticipating in terms of what they are offering, no question. Hopefully people will be happy after Thursday’s event.

They are trying this “no boo” thing out because it works at other Cedar Fair parks. IIRC, a lot of those events don’t hard close, so families who are at the park during the day and stay until night may not want their kids to get scared. IMO, the biggest pro for them being sold at Knott’s would be for people who have sensory issues, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Water Bottle
My assumption is The Keeper is going to be the horror host for a best of maze as they kept saying he was part of an “attraction” and that they wanted to make something harkening back to past mazes, without it feeling jumbled.

Logically using The Keeper as a host means they could keep the maze around for a few years too since it will have a general storyline that doesn’t translate to JUST an anniversary year.

Given that Ken Parks also referred to having The Green Witch headlining a house, show, and being on a ride, I could also see The Keeper being the host of the rumored anniversary show in the Walter Knott Theater too.

The area they used for the faux village during the Pumpkin Eater years would allow for a spieler (aka: The Collector) and a facade similar to the opening scene of Carnival Graveyard to welcome us in/set the scene.

Really interested in the 50th anniversary haunt. Wonder if it will be exclusive to this year. Would also be great if they surprised us with having some monsters in the Log Ride.

I’m hoping that whatever replaces Dark Entities and Depths won’t be the only new mazes next year. It would suck having all of the new content crammed over there. They need to spread things out some.
The top two posts are my guesses for how the anniversary maze goes AND how you justify keeping it around for multiple years. Making it hosted by an icon makes it timeless.

As far as two new mazes in the same general area, they did it in 2018 with Dark Entities and The Depths so then doing it again is not much of a surprise. I agree spreading things out would be nicer, but those two are the two oldest, so axing them the same year makes sense.

If they plan on turning over two new houses a year, 2024 could be the last year for Wax Works and Origins as both are from 2019. The next oldest maze after that would be Mesmer, which I don’t see leaving yet since it’s popular.

Reactions: deadbydawn
The No boo necklaces actually have a 50% chance to protect you in scare zones and 50% chance to fail and not protect you in scare zones. They just decrease the chances of you getting scared, but you can still get scared. Knott's also announced there will be indoor scare zones via the descriptions of the boo necklace. I have never seen Knott's do something like that so it must be new. What are your thoughts?

The No boo necklaces actually have a 50% chance to protect you in scare zones and 50% chance to fail and not protect you in scare zones. They just decrease the chances of you getting scared, but you can still get scared. Knott's also announced there will be indoor scare zones via the descriptions of the boo necklace. I have never seen Knott's do something like that so it must be new. What are your thoughts?
Regarding the indoor scare zone, I would lower expectations a bit. I think that wording is a bit of a stretch.

Reactions: Water Bottle

Regarding the indoor scare zone, I would lower expectations a bit. I think that wording is a bit of a stretch.
I could see maybe a monster or two roaming around the arcade below Bear-y Tales. That's all I can imagine for an indoor scarezone.

Some of the window displays currently at the park promoting Scary Farm have seemingly confirmed one or two of the new mazes.

Everything finally drops tonight. If you can’t make it to the event, below is a link to the livestream.

Some of the window displays currently at the park promoting Scary Farm have seemingly confirmed one or two of the new mazes.

Everything finally drops tonight. If you can’t make it to the event, below is a link to the livestream.

What are they? I’m at work rn so I can’t view the video at the moment

What are they? I’m at work rn so I can’t view the video at the moment
There’s a skeleton wearing a “Cinema Slasher” cap and another one wearing “The Gauntlet” cap. Could be red herrings. Why do reveals before the official reveal event?

Lots of exciting annoucements tonight... but... Jeff Tucker will be the director of The Hanging: Uncancelled, as it returns to The Wagon Camp in it's "witching hour" roots:
Screen_Shot_2023-08-24_at_10.45.12_PM.png

I really like all of original art they gave to the zones, haunts, and shows too.

Alright! The announcement show is over! We have.....

Returning Mazes:
-The Depths
-Wax Works
-Dark Entities
-Bloodline
-Mesmer
-Origins
-The Grimoire

New Mazes:
-Cinema Slasher
-Room 13
-The Chilling Chambers

Scarezones:
-Ghost Town
-Forsaken Lake
-CarnEvil
-Gore'ing 20's
-The Gauntlet (!!!!)

New shows:
-Carnival
-Dr Cleaver
-50th Anniversary Musical Show
-THE HANGING IS BACK!!!!!!

I'm officially more excited for KSF than HHN now. I'm also really impressed with the production value they showed for the concept art for the mazes.

*Forgot to add Wax Works lol

Last edited:
I'm surprised The Hanging is returning, but I enjoy that awful show. It seems I am in good company.

The mazes look interesting as well. I'm surprised they only announced one house is retiring too.