Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
About the lanterns I could see them change colors in mazes or I really don't know what to expect. But I'm pretty sure they will activate big items such as the giant swamp spider from midsummer scream. I mean they have over 100 interactions it can't all be just changing colors based on the environment and turning off and stuff like that. There may be more to it than we know of.

Was originally gonna skip this year because I feel like I’ve gotten to the point where I only need to do Knotts once every 2 years but considering it’s the 50th anniversary, it feels like a good time to attend. I also might be the only person who enjoys Dark Entities but its obviously time for it to leave.

I also might be the only person who enjoys Dark Entities but its obviously time for it to leave.
this is how I feel about The Depths. it's been my favorite maze the past two years and I'm bummed it's going. that might be enough to get me to the event this year.

and, of course, being able to brag to all my friends in 2045 that I went to the 50th knott's scary farm.

Reactions: Michael S
I saw one vid that shows the lanterns already work with at least one hidden trigger inside the Legacy Store--which is pretty dang cool. There may be even more!

There's a display for Seymour, which plays an archival video clip on a loop. But when the lantern is near it, it plays a special mesage.

this is how I feel about The Depths. it's been my favorite maze the past two years and I'm bummed it's going. that might be enough to get me to the event this year.

and, of course, being able to brag to all my friends in 2045 that I went to the 50th knott's scary farm.
How’re my bragging rights? Been to 30th, 40th and now I’ll be at the 50th.

But, as for the depths, idk it’s such a unique maze that I’ve really got a soft spot for these days. It’s always fun, and is kind of the quintessential “Knott’s Maze,” a bit of fun, some interesting effects and some scares. Reminds me of the old days.

How’s my bragging rights? Been to 30th, 40th and now I’ll be at the 50th.

But, as for the depths, idk it’s such a unique maze that I’ve really got a soft spot for these days. It’s always fun, and is kind of the quintessential “Knott’s Maze,” a bit of fun, some interesting effects and some scares. Reminds me of the old days.
Same honestly.
I am extremely biased but I think there's a very good reason we're losing Dark Entities and not Depths this year, say what you will about how some mazes can overstay their welcome, but compared to Entities, Depths has infinitely more distict and memorable set pieces. Personally I wouldn't even be that surprised if we saw Waxworks go before Depths, as much as I enjoy it.
I think its biggest fault as of late has just been being understaffed, the effects still work just as well as they did back in 2018 unlike some other recent-ish losses like Shadowlands or Dark Ride where they effects only degraded with more and more time. If Trick or Treat could last 7 years and Paranormal Inc 6 years, I think something as distinct as Depths definitely deserves to stick around for at least that long if its not falling apart at the seams.

Dark Entities was great if you don't like lining up for a maze lol. It had some nice sets, but kind of missed the mark for me. Got to check it out on the lights on tour last year, The Depths is definitely in my fave maze hall of fame along with Dark Ride, Shadowlands, Terror of London, Doll Factory. I wonder if they'll stay at ten mazes next year?

Looking like a great haunt, I will be there in person from Friday the 13th (october), can't wait.

Last edited:
In terms of set design, I must say that Dark Entities is one of my faves as well. For me, it falls flat in the execution... just not many good scareactors. I've done that maze at least 5 different times, and often see barely more than 3 scareactors total.

This is my first time ever getting a Scary Farm pass, so I was wondering if there was going to be some sort of physical card as well, and if so, how we will get it. How have those passes worked in the past?

In terms of set design, I must say that Dark Entities is one of my faves as well. For me, it falls flat in the execution... just not many good scareactors. I've done that maze at least 5 different times, and often see barely more than 3 scareactors total.

This is my first time ever getting a Scary Farm pass, so I was wondering if there was going to be some sort of physical card as well, and if so, how we will get it. How have those passes worked in the past?
When they first introduced the Scary Farm pass in 2014 (for a whopping $65!), it was only available as a standalone purchase. For the first couple of years you needed the physical card, because that was the only way it was linked. Eventually they made it an add-on for regular Season Passes and you used either that or the app.

In the past, you would just go to the information booth in the front of the park and ask for the card and they would link your account to it. I don't know how they'll do it now with demand, but I assume it'll be the same type of thing just maybe with more locations for people to go to.

How’re my bragging rights? Been to 30th, 40th and now I’ll be at the 50th.
If your profile is correct, you went when you were 6? Brave kid. I’ve been trying for years but none of my kids are willing to go.

Still no official word on physical Scary Farm passes yet. Hopefully we'll get something about that this week or next.
They don’t have them in yet. When they do, I’m assuming you can go to the info desk or guest services. At the latest and if they process them like the other passes, they’ll give it to you on your first visit at the entrance.

I got the Premier Pass and the physical cards aren’t in yet either and was told to check with info/guest services periodically.

I am a bit relieved it's the last year for The Depths. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I feel like it never received that "second-year plussing" that some of the new haunts have gotten, and it was right on the edge of being elite. Just too many moments of buildup that never had a big payoff to me. Great haunt, just not top-tier.

Still, it's gonna be hard to create another scene as showstopping as the underwater graveyard. Really hoping to see that void filled by Room 13's
rooftop / city skyline scene

Last edited:
If your profile is correct, you went when you were 6? Brave kid. I’ve been trying for years but none of my kids are willing to go.
‘Tis correct, fell in love young and went every year that followed haha.

I hope your kids will tag along with you at some point. I’ve been taking my niece since she was 6 too, and honestly the talent and staff at Knott’s really make young ones feel welcome in Scary Farm.

Reactions: Stryker
Am I the only one who has consistently really loved The Depths?! :lmao:
One of my all time faves.

—-

Gonna bump a thread I started years ago that didn’t get too much discussion. Thought it’d be a good time to bring it up again hearing @Michael S started going at 6.

Reactions: Michael S
Still, it's gonna be hard to create another scene as showstopping as the underwater graveyard. Really hoping to see that void filled by Room 13's
rooftop / city skyline scene

Woah, where'd you hear about a scene like that in Room 13? If true that could be a pretty great moment.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts