Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Holy crap! What are the odds? No joke. That was me! I also went solo. We should've met up. Now that you know what I look like, don't be afraid to say hi if you see me next time. Also, thanks for your concern for a stranger who turns out to be an IU member!

I was at the back of the group in that room. They were rushing us through the tent (I know that's part of the story) and since we were all huddled together, I wasn't looking down so I tripped over the campfire and ate it. My left elbow broke my fall. I was stunned at first and you're right, the actors had to break character to make sure I was ok.

I shook it off and carried on. After a bit, I was wondering why my left sleeve was wet. I looked at my right hand and noticed it was all bloody. I kept clutching my left elbow the whole way through to apply pressure to stop the bleeding. As I exited the maze, an associate apparently followed me the entire way since she saw me clutching my elbow. She was kind enough to walk me to first aid.

I lost almost an hour of rope-drop so that ruined my game plan so I had to wing it the rest of the night. I managed to do all of the mazes except for Mesmer. I'll give my thoughts on them after a second visit.

Music, Monsters and Mayhem is a fun variety show. It's quite raunchy, which I didn't expect but that's not a bad thing. It ran longer than expected at about 40 min. Dr. Cleaver Returns was a dud. Short show that revolves around one unimpressive magic trick. Tried twice but failed to see The Hanging. I got there too late. Seems you need to be there close to when doors open.

Gotta agree with @Spookies n' Stuff. The lantern helps the monsters see you coming, whether through dense fog when you can't see at all or coming around corners in the mazes. I've never been targeted so much and I think the lantern helped with that.

Crowd wise, I'm enjoying KSF far better than HHN. Will likely be back Sunday.
Bruh we should’ve! I literally talked to you too! I was wearing the old school Haunt shirt wearing a red flannel! Glad to know you were all right! Sorry to hear about your elbow and screwed up gameplan!

Reactions: Stryker
Did something feel off of grimoire I am not looking at the actual maze, but I love to watch the preshow. I saw the preshow section and It felt like the fog was turned off? It just felt weird.

For those who have gone already, any suggestions for hitting houses? Any particular house that had long lines?

Tonight I'm thinking of trying to hit Cinema Slasher first, and then going clockwise around the park.

For those who have gone already, any suggestions for hitting houses? Any particular house that had long lines?

Tonight I'm thinking of trying to hit Cinema Slasher first, and then going clockwise around the park.
I used to say hit the 4 Ghostrider warehouse mazes first, but those 4 aren’t really getting long waits.

This year I’d say do Grimoire first (typically longest waits), then Origins, Room 13, Cinema Slasher, Mesmer and continue clockwise from there.

Chilling Chambers will have the longest waits at opening, an hour or two before closing and anytime a Hanging show lets out. So keep that in mind when you’re making your rounds.

Did anyone feel like last night was kinda light crowd wise? Felt like either that, or people really started to go home at like 10 pm. Pretty strange for the first friday of the event, kinda curious how this Saturday will be, or if the continued chaperone and bag policies are a factor and people think its just too much hassle, especially when we aren't too close to halloween.

Reactions: saint.piss
Did anyone feel like last night was kinda light crowd wise? Felt like either that, or people really started to go home at like 10 pm. Pretty strange for the first friday of the event, kinda curious how this Saturday will be, or if the continued chaperone and bag policies are a factor and people think its just too much hassle, especially when we aren't too close to halloween.
The bag policy thing is kind of a deterrent for a lot of people. Can’t they just get X Ray conveyors to let people bring in bags again?

Last year my sister-in-law was inside the park (got her bag through security check) and was told by a random employee that it wasn’t allowed. They made her exit at Guest Relations, put the bag away, and re enter the event. Kinda BS.

The bag policy thing is kind of a deterrent for a lot of people. Can’t they just get X Ray conveyors to let people bring in bags again?

Last year my sister-in-law was inside the park (got her bag through security check) and was told by a random employee that it wasn’t allowed. They made her exit at Guest Relations, put the bag away, and re enter the event. Kinda BS.
Tbh if I wasn't a die hard it would be a pretty big deterrent for me too.
needing to buy a new clear bag to be able to have any space, on top of paying for parking and admission is kinda a big ask even if its just 10-20 dollars, especially when you couple it with the chaperone policy meaning you probably need to pay for multiple bags if you're gonna be able to carry all the stuff for the up to 10 kids youre chaperoning and yourself.

Reactions: Michael S and Freak
For me the wait was an hour and a half... I've waited less for ST4 and TLoU over at HHN hollywood :skull:
Tbf there are like several occasions a night where the maze gets backed up and theres a massive clog of people in the last 1/3rd, so that probably encourages line ops to wait a bit to pulse people in more to lessen the impact. Not sure what it is but something about the design of that section makes people really wanna stop walking for some reason.

Reactions: TableYe
Got to visit the event last night and absolutely loved it. Luckily, I was able to hit all the houses and a few of the rides. My personal rankings would be:

1. Cinema Slasher
2. Origins
3. The Depths
4. Mesmer
5. Waxworks
6. Chilling Chambers
7. Room 13
8. The Grimoire
9. Bloodlines
10. Dark Entities

Overall I was extremely impressed with my first visit to the event, and I hope I can catch it again in the future.

Does anyone know If they still do the opening ceremony? And If they do what time should it open/ what time should I arrive?

I was there last night, and it was possibly the lowest wait times I've seen before 1 AM in a very long time. I got there late (seems to be a theme for haunts this year for me for some reason), and knocked out the four backlot mazes in an hour, plus the legacy store. The longest wait was ten minutes (Bloodline) and everything else was less than five.

I then waited in line for Cinema Slasher, which I got to the front of in 10 minutes, and someone experienced a medical emergency in the maze, which means I waited longer than I would have. The longest actual wait was Room 13 at 40 minutes (posted 120). Everything else was a walk on at that point. I would have been wrapped up in about 4 hours excluding the shows. I was pretty surprised

Surprisingly, I don't think they were running The Hanging for some reason? (Although the irony of it being cancelled wasn't lost on me.)

Overall, this is a very, very good year. Everything feels like it's running in high gear.

Holy crap! What are the odds? No joke. That was me! I also went solo. We should've met up. Now that you know what I look like, don't be afraid to say hi if you see me next time. Also, thanks for your concern for a stranger who turns out to be an IU member!

I was at the back of the group in that room. They were rushing us through the tent (I know that's part of the story) and since we were all huddled together, I wasn't looking down so I tripped over the campfire and ate it. My left elbow broke my fall. I was stunned at first and you're right, the actors had to break character to make sure I was ok.

I shook it off and carried on. After a bit, I was wondering why my left sleeve was wet. I looked at my right hand and noticed it was all bloody. I kept clutching my left elbow the whole way through to apply pressure to stop the bleeding. As I exited the maze, an associate apparently followed me the entire way since she saw me clutching my elbow. She was kind enough to walk me to first aid.

I lost almost an hour of rope-drop so that ruined my game plan so I had to wing it the rest of the night. I managed to do all of the mazes except for Mesmer. I'll give my thoughts on them after a second visit.

Music, Monsters and Mayhem is a fun variety show. It's quite raunchy, which I didn't expect but that's not a bad thing. It ran longer than expected at about 40 min. Dr. Cleaver Returns was a dud. Short show that revolves around one unimpressive magic trick. Tried twice but failed to see The Hanging. I got there too late. Seems you need to be there close to when doors open.

Gotta agree with @Spookies n' Stuff. The lantern helps the monsters see you coming, whether through dense fog when you can't see at all or coming around corners in the mazes. I've never been targeted so much and I think the lantern helped with that.

Crowd wise, I'm enjoying KSF far better than HHN. Will likely be back Sunday.
I was there last night (I'll be there tonight too) and I noticed that the firepit in the first scene is moved way more to the left now. Looks like they changed it after your accident! Glad you are ok, by the way!

I think I officially decided not to get Fright Lane this year. I only thought it'd be worth it if my group really wanted to do rides, but doesn't seem like the case (luckily).. Also in general, I feel very weird spending that amount of money on KSF lol

My next thought is the Boo-Fet. I did this once (actually, I did it twice way back when) literally like 20 years ago, but I remember it being worth while. My goal is to hit the mazes and see Hanging and the show in the Schulz. Is this feasible WITHOUT Fright Lane? Keep in mind, I'll be going on a Saturday. The allure of early entry is very enticing, but if it's only access to mazes that'll have a short line at the end of the night anyway, I'm not sure how great of a deal that is. Also, if need be, I may be down to skip a few older mazes to see the Schulz show. Hanging is 100% a must though, while the Schulz theater show is a "I really want to do it, but only if it doesn't ruin everything."

Guess a lot of us were there last night... I was too! Got every single maze done with two repeats without any early entry (from Boo-fet) or Fast Lane by 10pm. Didn't see any shows, but we will on future visits. Everything was a walk on except Room 13.

I did have fun with the lantern... for the Asylum section of Chilling Chambers, it began to flash in time with the sound of a heart monitor in the maze! While I did notice various interactions during mazes, does anyone know where the lantern interacts inside the park? Aside from the two in the Legacy Store, I haven't noticed any locations yet (although the Conductor can interact with it as well).

Also, did anyone else catch Tony Baxter in the park last night? He walked past us in line for Room 13. :)

Last edited:

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts