Largest Hotel Project in USA coming to USH? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Largest Hotel Project in USA coming to USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If Universal can find a way to incorporate the entire Falls Lake area into the theme park without disturbing the neighbors, and without over doing it with more Potter, I would be thrilled.

I would say that Falls Lake needs to stay as is since it's used often, but I'm sure if need be, they can build a water feature in Sound Stage 12 if they ever need it and surround it by a green screen, as many production companies do now.

I found Burke's comments fascinating. Is he referring to projects currently occurring within the United States? Because if he is, Vegas always comes in mind when it comes to hotels, and they're not exactly slackers when it comes to building large resorts.

Then again, it could be typical marketing speak that we shouldn't take at face value.

According to a comment I read, it was mostly likely a misunderstanding... as the Cabana Bay project in Universal Orlando is being billed as one of the country's "largest".

That makes a lot more sense. Just saw that on screamscape.

Is Cabana Bay even gonna be that big....? Doesn't seem that way haha.

Regarding our hotels, I hope the one in front of the globe will look great. Like...not too generic.

And I hope one of the hotels gets canceled so that more of the budget gets allotted for the theme park.

Chris... I do think they could do that to if they want. its they're choice on allowing another entry to the park from that side which i'd be fine by. might cause pollution in DM's ssfl area but might work.

Chris... I do think they could do that to if they want. its they're choice on allowing another entry to the park from that side which i'd be fine by. might cause pollution in DM's ssfl area but might work.
Its not happening anytime soon because of the construction of SSFL.  Perhaps they could make the Iron Gates near the Globe Theater a "on-site hotel guest entry" only?

I sound like a broken record by now, but I personally don't see us getting Diagon Alley no matter what and I don't think we have room. I'd love to see it, but I also don't, because I want Universal to invest in other properties, not JUST Potter, especially in our land deprived park. Works in Orlando, I don't think would work here.

I also don't personally think they can add enough attractions to the park to make it a multi day resort or experience. There's just not room without extreme modification of studio facilities, which we don't know how willing they'd be to touch them. Although it's possible. I can see them eventually removing some of the soundstages on the lower lot and putting in more rides IF they relocate them somewhere else. But even then, that will be an addition of around 5-6 more major rides after Potter, and I dont think that's enough to be a major hotel resort.
As much as you may not want Potter MANIA it is was the Universal has now taken up as its leader. Lets all ask each other this Is potter hadn't been conceived in IOA were would Universal Parks and Resorts be now? Not were they currently are which is the biggest expansion/upgrades to all the Resorts World Wide. I am a huge proponent of potter and yes i would love to see other attractions the differ from Orlando but when you have such a huge success as USO is having with potter well money talks(and will keep them alive) and money will bring on new advancement.

Reactions: smoaT
As much as you may not want Potter MANIA it is was the Universal has now taken up as its leader. Lets all ask each other this Is potter hadn't been conceived in IOA were would Universal Parks and Resorts be now? Not were they currently are which is the biggest expansion/upgrades to all the Resorts World Wide. I am a huge proponent of potter and yes i would love to see other attractions the differ from Orlando but when you have such a huge success as USO is having with potter well money talks(and will keep them alive) and money will bring on new advancement.
I agree... Potter is such a big cosh cow that I don't think they'll let that go...

According to Expedia, the Hilton and the Sheraton only have 482 and 451 rooms respectively.

In that case, two additional hotels dedicated to the theme park does seem like a good idea...especially considering the fact that NBCUniversal/Universal Studios reside next door. I was under the impression that the Hilton and Sheraton had a much higher guest capacity than they actually do.

Seems reasonable to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably misunderstood me...I'm all for Potter mania. I'm an unbelievably huge Potter fan, I can't stress how excited I am that we're receiving the Wizarding World here in USH, I'm thrilled how much Potter has helped revitalize Universal Parks & Resorts on both coasts, and I'm super excited that Orlando is getting Diagon Alley. All I meant was that, as much as I love Potter, I don't wanna see Diagon Alley come to USH. Simply because we're such a small park and don't have the luxury of space and I'd rather see any big remaining space me reserved for something else. Orlando has the luxury of space. Heck, there's rumors of a THIRD park. That's why they can add more Potter and not make it seem like a Potter Only Park. Even with two lands, they have so much variety.

We here at USH have ONE small park and I just simply want to see variety...

You probably misunderstood me...I'm all for Potter mania. I'm an unbelievably huge Potter fan, I can't stress how excited I am that we're receiving the Wizarding World here in USH, I'm thrilled how much Potter has helped revitalize Universal Parks & Resorts on both coasts, and I'm super excited that Orlando is getting Diagon Alley. All I meant was that, as much as I love Potter, I don't wanna see Diagon Alley come to USH. Simply because we're such a small park and don't have the luxury of space and I'd rather see any big remaining space me reserved for something else. Orlando has the luxury of space. Heck, there's rumors of a THIRD park. That's why they can add more Potter and not make it seem like a Potter Only Park. Even with two lands, they have so much variety.

We here at USH have ONE small park and I just simply want to see variety...
This. All of this. I've been a Potter fan since I was young, but I'm really dreading it coming here.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Back on topic, how does everyone feel about the proposed hotels?

If they each carry 500 rooms, I think it'll be a perfectly reasonable expansion. I'm sure they're looking at some statistics that give them better insight on the Hilton and Sheraton's occupancy rate.

I do think one hotel is more than enough. Really this is not a multi-day resort. Unless the price is not to steep I think two 500 room hotel would be reasonable to lure customers

1 Hotel right now seems like the best option but USH is now looking to the future after new attraction are opened(after potter and new proposed Amitheater(will post rumors on new venue later)) we will be needing new many room options.

Okay... this was the closest thing I could find to an existing "hotel" thread...

I'm honestly very surprised there hasn't been more movement & progress with the new hotel that is supposed to replace Fung Lum... Also the widening of the street also seems to be progressing rather slowly as well. Any thoughts on why its taking them so long to make this happen?

I would've thought they'd want the new hotel built & ready for guests before Potter's opening next year.