Light & Magic (Disney+) | Inside Universal Forums

Light & Magic (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am really curious to see how far into depth they go with the BTS, and how many people are brought in to talk.
Given that Lawrence Kasden is directing and the seem to have given him access to a lot of archival footage and what looks like some new interviews with George Lucas, i'm hopeful.

This looks like it's gonna be extremely interesting, much like The Imagineering Story.

I'm surprised -- very pleasantly -- that (despite the trailer's heavy emphasis on Disney-controlled IP) they're not going to be avoiding some of ILM's very important work on projects like E.T. and T2 just because they're productions from rival studios.

Hopefully STAR TREK II (the first all-CGI sequence to appear in a movie), YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES (the first computer-animated character to appear in a live action movie), and JURASSIC PARK (speaks for itself) get some time devoted to them, because they're hugely relevant to ILM's advancement of cinematic effects work.

Reactions: SpyderDan and Nick
Haven’t finished this yet, but a few episodes into this docuseries and I can’t recommend it enough.

It’s just as good, if not better than The Imagineering Story, diving deep into the beginnings and history of ILM without feeling like corporate propaganda. It feels like an honest documentary about a company that has been highly influential in film history that incorporates films across the board into the documentary and doesn't just focus on Disney properties that ILM has worked on and plenty of archival footage.

This is a must watch for any film fan as far as i'm concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87