Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Little Mermaid Black Light?

The first two thirds of the ride is pretty good. The last third falls flat- in either color palette. Wish they'd fix it.

The attraction was better than we expected, since it gets knocked by so many. Heck, we probably rode it six or seven times. And it probably has one of the best queues in WDW.

The attraction was better than we expected, since it gets knocked by so many. Heck, we probably rode it six or seven times. And it probably has one of the best queues in WDW.

That's half the problem. The queue is not followed by a ride that lives up to it.

I like the new black lights. I noticed fish and other stuff I didn't notice before. I also like the new fish when you first go underwater. I always felt that screen was a little out of place and now it blends in more. So overall I like the refurb. I didn't realize it had stuff added, so when I rode it I was just like, hey, this is different, and it was cool and better.

I also don't mind the ride. I feel the storyline is rushed at the end and they needed probably two more scenes. But overall it is an enjoyable ride and my daughter loves it.

It shows just how much of a difference proper lighting can make. Pre-Black light this ride was utter garbage, now that they do have the lighting I enjoy this ride quite a bit.

I've actually always loved the ride. It's not amazing or anything (and certainly not worth an hour wait), but for what it is, I think it's very good. Having seen both versions in person, I agree that black light is better.

I think this ride is amazing, those AAs are easily the best I've ever seen and it's overall an awesome ride, probably the best one fantasy land as a whole has

Reactions: Ash
I've actually always loved the ride. It's not amazing or anything (and certainly not worth an hour wait), but for what it is, I think it's very good. Having seen both versions in person, I agree that black light is better.

I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes, luckily.

I'm not trying to do a thread bump here but also didn't wish to start a new thread. I've ridden this ride (Little Mermaid) many times (have to be careful when spelling that out) and it's always been "okay". However, Europa-Park's "Snorri Touren" and Efteling's "Symbolica" show what can be done with even less of a budget. It's frustrating because, though those rides wouldn't "wow" you (although Symbolica looks interesting), they are examples of rides that match or exceed what WDW did on Mermaid and some other rides. Maybe WDW tries to outsmart themselves or something. I am not in the know but they don't have to spend $200M or more on one ride to produce good results. I watched the video for both of the rides and would love to go to Europe to experience. Sometimes, rides are just fun and don't need technological wonders to be enjoyable.