Live Theatre / Musicals | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Live Theatre / Musicals

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If anyone is a fan of Netflix's Stranger Things series, it's just been confirmed that the Stranger Things play "The First Shadow" is coming to Broadway next year. Tickets go on sale on 13 September if you sign up for their priority presale. The play opens next March at the Marquis Theater.

I've seen the play a couple of times in the West End and loved it. I'm a big fan of the Netflix series and this is an 'origin story' set in Hawkins, Indiana, in 1959. We see a lot of the adult characters from the 1980s-based TV series but as teenagers in the late 1950s. The play centres on Henry Creel, and I'll say no more to avoid spoilers except for it's very heavy on cutting-edge theatrical effects as well as a very solid story based on familiar characters that you'll enjoy getting to know their back story.

So I gave in & got tickets for BTTF in November at the Hollywood Pantages here in LA...

1000012821.jpg
I figured if I was going to see it, there was only ONE acceptable date to do so...

NOV 5th - The day Doc Brown invented the Flux Capacitor, which is what makes time travel possible!

Got my ticket during the presale & only paid $80. Front row mezzanine. Was going to go for orchestra level seats, but haunt season is soon lol

Kansas City has a ridiculously attractive Broadway series this year: Lion King, Parade, Funny Girl, Beetlejuice, Back to the Future, The Wiz; so we went ahead and bit that bullet.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe