1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Lockers

Discussion in 'Trip Reports, Planning, & Questions' started by qbacreative, Aug 15, 2019.

1. qbacreative

qbacreative Newcomer

This forum has been a fountain of information and a time saver.

The only thing left I can think of that I need advice on, are any recommendation for backpacks that I can still carry enough stuff and fit on the free small lockers.

I was thinking that maybe some of you guys have tested during your visits to the park, some brands and styles that work well with those lockers.

Thanks again!

tankart150 likes this.
  2. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

The free small lockers fit most peoples loose articles/wands along with smaller back packs. If you are carrying a larger one you might have to spring for a paid one.

qbacreative likes this.
  3. Skold

Skold Rookie

We definitely use a backpack - I'm a Type 1 diabetic so I bring insulin pump supplies, we bring our own ponchos, and pack our own lunch and snacks (just sandwiches and chex mix). Purell, sunscreen, and glasses go in ours, as well.

I use this one.

The one in the pic is very full, but you can use the click-on straps on the side to tighten it up. They fit in the new lockers, but you have to pack it tight. We had a plan to put the small lunch bag in a second locker that my wife would get if we had trouble, but it was fine. That said, we did not need to bring our ponchos at all on the last two trips. We definitely would have needed a second locker for those.

Just have a plan for a second locker if needed, and be sure to keep your tickets on your person and don't put them in the lockers because you need them to re-open the lockers.

Plus, with all of the straps, I can hook everyone's flip-flops and googles on at Volcano Bay while they do one last lazy river and I get a drink! :cheers:

vb.jpg

qbacreative and RFRees like this.
  4. RFRees

RFRees Member

I agree with Skold, you could always get two or more lockers depending on how many people you have in your party and how much stuff you have.

I use this backpack, which doesn't have a ton of features, but I like because it is actually a large soft cooler. I throw freezer packs, canned drinks (non alcoholic), and lunches in the big pouch. Small pouch I use for portable charger, cords, smaller snacks, and hygienic products. On hot days I also bring my large but portable fan (which is really high powered, a life saver on days where it feels like a hundred degrees), which I may still have room for in the backpack. The backpack is sometimes awkward to fit in a locker, so you might need to move stuff around/remove items from the bag.

On Hagrids on opening day, my gf and I had that backpack, several portable batteries/cords, tons of drinks and food, Nintendo Switch, umbrella, poncho, phones, and still had room to spare in our two small lockers.

For wands, there's only a couple of the largest wand boxes which might not fit. Here's one example. All the replica wands (Luna Lovegood's for example) should fit just fine, including the box itself. Here's a pic of Luna's wand box inside the small locker (card shown for size context):

IMG_20190728_195631.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Andysol, qbacreative and Skold like this.
  5. qbacreative

qbacreative Newcomer

Wow thanks Skold, I guess those lockers are bigger than what I thought, your backpack doesn't look tiny and you can't go wrong with that price, it looks comfortable too, we will be packing pretty much the same as what you listed.

6. qbacreative

qbacreative Newcomer

RFRees you are more prepared than me, we bring portable charger and cables too, but bringing a portable fan sounds like an amazing idea. I wouldn't thought of it. I won't need it in December but for my local amusement park I will get me one.

Backpack and cooler in one is not a bad idea ;)

Thanks a lot for the picture of the locker, that is amazing :)

7. Skold

Skold Rookie

Sure thing! I also wear a fanny pack for my insulin pump. All of the rides with lockers and no metal detectors will still let you carry anything in that fits in pockets (or a fanny pack).

The two that have metal detectors, Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit, will let you in with anything that does not set the detectors off. They let me in with my insulin pump and fanny pack no problem, as well, after I show them that it is secure. It also great to keep our tickets and hotel cards (which are the Express Passes) in.

And it hides quite nicely under my shirt, so I don't look like I'm from the '80s. :P

(I need to remember to show Doc Brown this next time we meet-and-greet him!)

qbacreative likes this.
  8. clippers6

clippers6 Newcomer

I heard they replaced the fingerprint access lockers with lockers that scan your admission ticket. On rides such as Hulk where I can’t have my phone in my pocket, how would I access the locker if all I have is the digital ticket?

9. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

See the TM at the lockers area they’ll hand you a temp card with a barcode you’ll scan for your locker.

qbacreative and clippers6 like this.
  10. BAC

BAC Newcomer

Andysol and Journey_On like this.
  11. qbacreative

qbacreative Newcomer

Holding a cell phone or having lose items in a wide unsecured pocket while riding a rollercoaster it is irresponsible, banning cameras that are firmly secured to parts of the rider's body, I find it an unnecessary overreaction.

12. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

That was awesome!

For whatever reason, I always envisioned a phone traveling 0mph while you zoomed at 40-60mph smashing into it. But that video is clear that the phone is going the same speed as you. It was basically floating in the air.

So a phone/keys/etc coming from someone's pocket wouldn't really cause damage to a rider behind them.
    Where it would is someone on the ground as those objects would be traveling the same speed as the vehicle.

Then again, a bird would always be the worst. (Really, I'm just looking for any opportunity to add the Fabio picture)
    [​IMG]

qbacreative and DK745 like this.