Lower Lot Redesign | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally, I still think that's a crappy location for Diagon Alley if we HAD to get it. Falls Lake seems more natural, more accessible, would allow them to make a Hogwarts Express, and is closer. Only issue with that would be that the only way to get to it WOULD be Hogwarts Express, which would not be practical.

I'm about 80% sure we won't get the hogwarts express if we get Diagon Alley. the train will have to incline down in order to get to the lower lot. And also you have to hide the train somehow. The starway would ruin that illusion.

Personally, I still think that's a crappy location for Diagon Alley if we HAD to get it. Falls Lake seems more natural, more accessible, would allow them to make a Hogwarts Express, and is closer. Only issue with that would be that the only way to get to it WOULD be Hogwarts Express, which would not be practical.
If Diagon Alley ever were built in the Falls Lake location, I'm pretty sure there would be a CityWalk entrance.

They should replace the Mummy ride with a Mario kart ride (similar to transformers). Jurassic Park the Ride can be replaced with an updated version (similar to the king kong ride coming to IOA). Panda Express and the NBC Universal Experience could be the NEW entrance for the Studio Tour. The NBC Universal Experience would be a good replacement for the former house of horrors location. Just my thoughts on the lower lot redesign.

....no. Just going to stop that there.

I think I have a more..easier prediction sheet now.

-Nintendo; 22-25/28

I'll throw a wildcard about something else for the lower lot..

-(If FowlOwlerson is true of what he said yesterday), Diagon Alley; Mummy/33-42

Crazy to guess Diagon and in especially that big of a plot..but it could work. If they especially move London close to Transformers; it'd allow them to actually retheme the building, surprisingly..

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is way Diagon Alley could be added without removing Mummy. But this could pose a problem for a future Nintendo Land.

Lower%20Lot%20Diagon.png

I just don't think Mummy will be saved come two, three years till now. It'd be wise to have Nintendo and if you then have it replacing Mummy and those soundstages; 33-36. That's still a good sized area to do atleast one ride and shops with area space.

I would be really sad if Mummy shut down. It might be a short coaster, but it's damn fun. I just want them to show it some love and upgrade it so I don't have to board the ride every two minutes. It's the only coaster in the park. Simulators are fun and all, but I just want one traditional dark ride coaster in the park. 

Reactions: JaySalahi
Nintendo, The Simpsons, Harry Potter, I never thought Universal Studios was going to incorporate these franchises into their theme parks. It makes sense they want to compete with Disney. We'll just have to wait and see what's next... DCUniverse Land or The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles probably!

If Mummy gets torn down to make way for Diagon Alley, I sure hope our version of Gringotts has a bigger coaster section. Our park needs a good coaster.

Yes, so that's why i'm leaning towards now Nintendo at Mummy/33-36/41-42 and Diagon more around the CSI soundtages and 28...But construction won't start till a few things have to happen way before Construction begins for the Lower lot.

Diagon in its current form minus Kings Cross is too large for CSI and 28 stages. More room would have to be cleared for it to fit. The Gringotts show building is massive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chris and William

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts