Lower Lot Redesign | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Spider-Man nonsense on Twitter is not happening. He needs to read the contract that everyone else has read. He's talking film rights not theme park rights.

As for the Spider-man rumor... obviously that wont happen because its Marvel... also, Spiderman & Transformers are the exact same ride... literally, same ride programming & pretty much same type of scenes/gimmicks as well. I'm not knocking Transformers by any means either, I love the ride... ridden the one in Orlando 200+ times (yes I counted, don't judge me  :p ) & the one here probably about 20-30 times by now... Anyway.. yea, we already have spiderformers!

As for this lower lot 2017 ride rumor... a few months back I was told that Universal Creative was working on a new & improved "House of Horrors" type of attraction, unknown as to what, but highly doubtful another walk-through attraction. It is said to be highly detailed & require A LOT of upkeep. So what does this have to do with the lower lot? Well I saw a rumor claiming that a new "Classic Monsters" attraction was coming to the park's Lower Lot in 2017. Of course I naturally rolled my eyes & shrugged it off as nothing. Then I remembered what I was told about House of Horrors. We'll have to wait & see what happens. I'll see if I can dig up anything regarding it though.

One thought I did have today, which I believe a few people have mentioned on here before too... Maybe converting Mummy into a full blown Classic Monsters coaster/dark ride attraction. I know there is the new climatic universe in the works, but I am sure that will flop hard.. its best to rely on the originals.

I heard the 2017 project would be a coaster of some sorts, and would be on the Lower Lot. Take what you will from that. 

^As from what I heard, you both are on the right track. *rimshot* I'll just say don't be surprised if this is Murdy's last year. He's got to have time to work on this.

From what I heard, its 14 scenes. Heard also about something about a "thrilling element".

and where in the world did that Spiderman rumor come from? I never heard that haha. They're fifteen years too late.

I've been saying that Universal needs a ride version of House of Horrors for the longest time (5 years), Universal Monsters deserves a proper presence in the park. A fast paced attraction, scary or not, would be more accessible than a walk through maze.

I hope that ends up happening. I've had so many ideas for a Universal Monsters ride.

But I hope we see a Nintendo ride also sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Aaron
That multiple-trick pony of a coaster looks familiar.. although I believe when I saw it, it was not in video form like that. I think I saw it in blueprint-esque form. So not as exciting. If I could remember where I saw it & I don't have it saved on my laptop. Might be on my old computer hard drive back in FL. ...fail..

The ONLY way I could partially forgive Comcast for demolishing SS28 (which is still blasphemous), is IF they built a Classic Monsters ride in its location.

14 scenes, eh?:

- Phantom of the Opera

- Dracula

- Frankenstein

- Mummy

- Wolfman

- Bride of Frankenstein

- Creature from the Black Lagoon (A ragin' rockin' musical ....wait what?) :ph34r:

- Phantom of the Opera (the other 7 scenes.... what!? its my favorite monster & he deserves more acknowledgement!) :p

...now i'm interested. Maybe it'd work for fourteen scenes if they balance out the monsters, say six monsters for two scenes each one? And then a finale taking two scenes could really work. But in any case, i'm now intrigued.

As a cohesive story (and to explain why we're seeing unrelated monsters in one attraction) I'd make it a scarier version of the plot from the second Scooby-Doo movie & Night At The Museum, where we're taking a tour of a Universal Monsters museum with static statues and sets, including the remains of the Phantom set, but then the Phantom's curse (because we tore down his stage) is put on the museum, and all of Universal's Monsters come alive, and we go through an interactive ride through of different settings from Universal Monster movies as the monsters gang up together to come after us, with many practical sets and animatronics, and with a finale being them escaping & trying to take over USH & causing havoc around the park(CGI scene with Transformers ride sized screen), before we finally defeat them by trapping them back inside the museum & dropping the Phantom's chandelier on all of them at once in a big explosion.

For ride tech, ideally it'd be cool to see it be a trackless version of Transformers, or the first new implementation of the Kuka ride system after FJ (since the axed Van Helsing horror ride was supposed to be the first ride to feature this tech with Universal)

That multiple-trick pony of a coaster looks familiar.. although I believe when I saw it, it was not in video form like that. I think I saw it in blueprint-esque form. So not as exciting. If I could remember where I saw it & I don't have it saved on my laptop. Might be on my old computer hard drive back in FL. ...fail..

The ONLY way I could partially forgive Comcast for demolishing SS28 (which is still blasphemous), is IF they built a Classic Monsters ride in its location.

14 scenes, eh?:

- Phantom of the Opera

- Dracula

- Frankenstein

- Mummy

- Wolfman

- Bride of Frankenstein

- Creature from the Black Lagoon (A ragin' rockin' musical ....wait what?) :ph34r:

- Phantom of the Opera (the other 7 scenes.... what!? its my favorite monster & he deserves more acknowledgement!) :p
Does being a backstage area for Nintendo count? ;)

Reactions: Ryan and Alexshow.
Heres a good question, by Halloween will the soundstages for this ride be demolished for this new attraction or will they just reuse them like Mummy? I'm hoping for a full demo if the work for it is rumored to start is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a good question, by Halloween will the soundstages for this ride be demolished for this new attraction or will they just reuse them like Mummy? I'm hoping for a full demo if the work for it is rumored to start is true.
Mummy is safe for now. They need all the capacity they fan get for Potter. When the Monsters ride opens and a coaster is now open, then we can talk about the Mummy leaving. It should be going in the stages being Mummy. There should be another ride in Monsters alley in the works. Supposedly, Goddard Group will be working on it. Don't know if it will open with or after the coaster. I hope it doesn't get scrapped because I will FLIP if it happens. Its something I've wanted for years.

I was referring to how it'll be done, I wasn't asking if Mummy would be going but instead; they'd just reuse a Soundstage without demolishing it.

The rumor is the ride construction will start after HHN around November. Any demolition that will be required will either happen during HHN (like SS28 last year  :(  ) or after HHN is over. It just depends on permits & whatnot.

Haven't had a chance to talk & find out anything else yet in regards to the monsters attraction. Hopefully later this week/weekend.

Speaking of Goddard Group, have you guys seen what they created for USH back in the late 80s/early 90s in regards the the monsters, but more specifically Phantom? Due the Broadway musical being new & popular (not that it still isn't popular 25+ years later), Universal wanted to take advantage of that and utilize the historic set inside SS28 by creating a new multi-sensory/multi-effect show attraction. I wish Comcast would've been smart about preserving Universal's history/legacy and digging up that old concept rather than demolishing SS28.

Speaking about the Goddard project, that makes me think its more for Bejing than Hollywood. But, I could be wrong.

About the demolishment happening during, that makes sense. It allows them to start construction shortly after and allows for the track-pieces to start being taken to the park grounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Goddard Project is old concept art, as shared on here before, they're not working on a new project for USH at the moment. However, a ride version of their old concept/mixed with my idea that I wrote down would make a fantastic attraction.

Mummy is safe for now. They need all the capacity they fan get for Potter. When the Monsters ride opens and a coaster is now open, then we can talk about the Mummy leaving. It should be going in the stages being Mummy.

There should be another ride in Monsters alley in the works. Supposedly, Goddard Group will be working on it. Don't know if it will open with or after the coaster. I hope it doesn't get scrapped because I will FLIP if it happens. Its something I've wanted for years.
wait is the classic monster ride confirmed by inside info or just a rumor