Lower Lot Redesign | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
22 and 23 are in use for a new show. 24 and 25 to my knowledge are not. Maybe someone else knows if they are.

I heard from a friend who is familiar with Lower Lot Production Services that they are clearing out Stages 29 and 31 to be demolished for future Theme Park expansion and will be building two new stages in another area of the backlot to replace those two.

Looking at the size of the plot that 28 can have with 29/31..thats a pretty decent size of acreage that Universal could have for just one ride. Lets see what happens.

Reactions: Chris
Looking at the size of the plot that 28 can have with 29/31..thats a pretty decent size of acreage that Universal could have for just one ride. Lets see what happens.
Combining the two spaces, its a bigger show building than the Mummy. That would be a good chunck of space to build an indoor coaster, don't you think? Not to mention the placing of the coaster would be appropriate given the legacy of what that ride will be themed too (I mentioned it earlier.)

Combining the two spaces, its a bigger show building than the Mummy. That would be a good chunck of space to build an indoor coaster, don't you think? Not to mention the placing of the coaster would be appropriate given the legacy of what that ride will be themed too (I mentioned it earlier.)
Are you referring to that rumor of Universals Monsters having a larger prescience?

...There'd be a really fascinating question about a attraction with 29/31..

If this building is used, is it possible that TF will close down due to construction work? Because of the issues of height and space, they will need to de-construct some of the building for it. It also asks the question of "whats going to happen to the Backlot Café for the studios?"

I assume if its going to take 29/31, it will have to take over that part. Either way, that could be a interesting rumor if true.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have confirmation that they will be adding 2 sound stages behind the production bungalows but on the side near NY street. I don't know if I can post the concept art picture here so I won't just to be safe.

So in place of the warehouses/stages on the corner of Phoenix Place and James Stewart Ave?

Honestly, removal of the soundstages that are adjacent to all the lower lot rides can't come soon enough. You can put up soundstages anywhere else on property, you can't conveniently do that with a ride.

Reactions: Alexshow.
So in place of the warehouses/stages on the corner of Phoenix Place and James Stewart Ave?

Honestly, removal of the soundstages that are adjacent to all the lower lot rides can't come soon enough. You can put up soundstages anywhere else on property, you can't conveniently do that with a ride.
I wonder that the reasoning of the warehouses being removed is due to the expanded Warehouse next to the bates motel? As that'd make sense on its replacement.

But, if the Classic Monsters is true; with that location I don't mind at all. but it does make me think more and more that Nintendo will be at 22-25.

I know people are eager to see new rides placed in the Lower-Lot but thinking realistically, I doubt we will see a show-building wrap around Transformers. I don't think a Ride will be placed in the former Stage 28 plot. Maybe relocate some smaller LL shops there? Transformers M&G/Gift Shop, Starbucks etc. If you remove ROTM, SS 33-36, 41 & 42, 29 & 31 you have around 6-7 acres of space... very sizable plot for a new themed area. 

21938657659_1024c7a049_b.jpg

I know its been said before..but could it be possible that Stage 28s plot is replaced with a nicer Transformers Extended line? If we don't see a ride at 28, I think that'd be a logical thing to do. Then you could do a Transformers gift shop over at the NBCUniversal Experience plot?

Reactions: chris.g
I know its been said before..but could it be possible that Stage 28s plot is replaced with a nicer Transformers Extended line? If we don't see a ride at 28, I think that'd be a logical thing to do. Then you could do a Transformers gift shop over at the NBCUniversal Experience plot?
I think that's WAY too much space for an extended queue, IMO.

I know people are eager to see new rides placed in the Lower-Lot but thinking realistically, I doubt we will see a show-building wrap around Transformers. I don't think a Ride will be placed in the former Stage 28 plot. Maybe relocate some smaller LL shops there? Transformers M&G/Gift Shop, Starbucks etc. If you remove ROTM, SS 33-36, 41 & 42, 29 & 31 you have around 6-7 acres of space... very sizable plot for a new themed area. 
The only thing that the 28 and 29/31 locations have against it is how the showbuilding could wrap around Transformers. I guess it could be done, but that would depend on the minimum gap there has to be in order to please fire codes. I'm sure they can't be right up against each other.

Amidst the stage removal rumors, is there confirmation on if 41 & 42 are going down? If so, this how I could see this working out (Just speculation here):

-Monster coaster showbuilding: 28 and 29/31; wrapping around Transformers. Entrance to the right of 31, facing East.

-Room for second E-Ticket where 41/42 and 33-36 are.

-Mummy being either replaced or redone with the entrance flipping around to face the new area.

I think that's WAY too much space for an extended queue, IMO.
I wasn't saying the entire thing would be TF Extended line per say..more like this.

JoMzEZt.png

The blue would be a new Transformers extended line as the Green could actually be more or less, LL Retail/lockers/E.T.C. But hey; its just a guess, as I am thinking a bit that we wont see a ride there due to the space size.

All the buildings on the left side of the street can be moved over to the former Stage 28 plot. Not saying that will happen but it gives you a decent estimate of the size of that area. Park layout is equally important as E-Tickets, replacing those buildings would also mean more walking space in the Lower-Lot. Something it will desperately need once Nintendo comes. 

21955716899_444dd3771b_b.jpg