Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lunatics Playground 3D – You Won’t Stand A Chance

If I were designing things, I wouldn't make those poor costumed cats walk a zig zag every shift change...
That's the least complicated thing a scareactor would ever have to walk. Backstage of a house can be labrynthian.

About the facade- for all we know the facade could be inside of the tent, like how he facades are inside of the sound stages and inside of the shrek building.

On that close up posted, not sure with that silverish think on the left with all the holes is, but is that something similar back further on the right? Like maybe it could support poles for some sort of facade that goes over that twisty ramp...I have no clue and am just spitballing over what is probably nothing.

That zig zagging ramp is built that way to meet accessibility building codes. The widening at the top is to accommodate the door clearance requirements. If it were a 'staff' entrance they could technically get away with not having to do a ramp and could of done stairs. This makes me believe it is more of a public access area. Of course, if this tent is more permanent then it would make sense to have all exits/entrances accessible for future uses and flexibility. I guess we will know in just a few days now.

That zig zagging ramp is built that way to meet accessibility building codes. The widening at the top is to accommodate the door clearance requirements. If it were a 'staff' entrance they could technically get away with not having to do a ramp and could of done stairs. This makes me believe it is more of a public access area. Of course, if this tent is more permanent then it would make sense to have all exits/entrances accessible for future uses and flexibility. I guess we will know in just a few days now.
It's not a permanent type of tent. These are the same tents that are put up all the time for events and conventions. I don't thing the zig zagging is necessarily for ADA. It seem to only be at one entrance/exit not the other and I don't think the height would require that much distance for a ramp. Looking at the steps on the entrance to the left it looks to be 3-4 at most.

I think ADA requires a 4:1 ratio for access ramps. Meaning for every one foot of elevation the ramp has to be at least 4 feet long. If something is 4 feet off the ground it would need a 16ft ramp for access. A lot of places do a zig zag if they don't have a long enough area to accommodate this requirement.

ADA ramps are deceiving. Just 4 feet of rise requires 48 feet of linear feet of ramp. Plus every 12 feet a landing. Tough to tell in the images but that ramp could meet those dimensions if each long length is close to 12 feet with the turns being the landings.

Anyways, no matter why the ramp is there it is there. Personally, after further review I think it will be the exit. I think they would have built a facade already if it was the entrance. With only 2 weeks left for construction building a decent facade around the ramp may be difficult, unless it was a flat graphic image.

ADA ramps are deceiving. Just 4 feet of rise requires 48 feet of linear feet of ramp. Plus every 12 feet a landing. Tough to tell in the images but that ramp could meet those dimensions if each long length is close to 12 feet with the turns being the landings.

Anyways, no matter why the ramp is there it is there. Personally, after further review I think it will be the exit. I think they would have built a facade already if it was the entrance. With only 2 weeks left for construction building a decent facade around the ramp may be difficult, unless it was a flat graphic image.
That image was taken at the same time as TCM which had no facade either yet. There could be something that's going around that zig zag walkway. If it were simply just a means to acces the tent I don't think it would be painted all black like that. Perhaps the facade is going at the entrance to the ramp?

Got the answer.

That switchbacked ramp is the house entrance.

That seriously makes the most sense.

You did bring up a good point about the entrance for the actors, which could just as easily be that small black ramp in the right of ConvolutedFrippery's photos.

Got the answer.

That switchbacked ramp is the house entrance.

Also, the back ramp along perimeter road is the exit.
This is what I was thinking. Also a few things I noted looking at the photos. In the newer photos more switchbacks were added (5), lighting was added along the path between MiB and B&T, I am guessing people could enter through the door at the back of the MiB queue or they could run the queue all the way around MiB (that seems less likely to me).

So now that the event is open the big questions can finally be answered!

1) Where does the que line for this house go?

2) Do you enter or exit through the zig zagging ramp?

Anyone have a clear picture of the facade?

20160916_190231.jpg
It enters on the side close to the park and exits out the back. That side ramp is for cast.

Somehow the MIB queue holds an hour and a half worth of people. The only additional queue added is down the service road between MIB and Fear Factor, and it's small.

I think people were very correct in saying that if you loved Alice you will like this, if you hated Alice you will most likely hate this. As an Icon house it might be the worst Icon house I've seen since Bloody mary.