Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Machine Gun America

Aaah... it is right next to the Publix I used to stop in at on my way back from Epcot or AK.

Simply charming. Powerful guns, live ammo, and a bunch of idiots that have no idea what they are doing. What could possibly go wrong...

Aaah... it is right next to the Publix I used to stop in at on my way back from Epcot or AK.

Simply charming. Powerful guns, live ammo, and a bunch of idiots that have no idea what they are doing. What could possibly go wrong...

I highly doubt they would let anyone shoot a gun without instruction. As long as the age limit is above 15, I'm okay with it.

I highly doubt they would let anyone shoot a gun without instruction. As long as the age limit is above 15, I'm okay with it.

I believe the article says 13 and up. ...yep

At Machine Gun America, no one younger than 13 will be allowed on the premises, Doss said. And staff will steer younger shooters to firearms that are comparatively easier to handle on an individual basis, he said. And range safety instructors are within arm's reach of customers on the range at all times, able to step in immediately if needed.

I am glad the instructor will be nearby: http://abcnews.go.com/US/girl-accidentally-kills-instructor-firing-uzi/story?id=25139216

Last edited:
Can't read the article because I guess its behind a paywall or something. But this must be new for FL. Out here in AZ this is quite normal. Obviously when Jim Bob runs the place like the aforementioned post, things can go wrong, with deadly consequences. But generally they are run by people who know and respect the weapons and are beyond cautious. Scottsdale gun club (club but also open to public) is only 15 mins from me. And it is a very nice facility and they are pretty rigorous on who can and how you handle the weapons.
So new and different for Fl I guess, out here......nothing day ending in Y :lol:

I fail to see how this is, or should be a fun attraction, guns kill,guns mame, guns cause misery.

Why would a park or any other business promote the use of guns? even more so why would a park/business promote the use of guns to minors?

I don't want to come over all Piers Morgan on you all but guns are bad and I guess I never will understand peoples infatuations with them:shrug:

GunFactsLong.jpg

For any of you having trouble reading the article, copy the title and search in google, then click the google link. Coming from google will allow you access to the very same article.

This isn't really a new attraction, it's just a shooting range that's all. They are just marketing to a different segment of people, those who probably would never go to a range but have an interest in what shooting a gun is like. There are ranges in Las Vegas that have been marketing with this angle for a while. Honestly I think this is a really great way for someone who has had a passing interest in shooting a gun to try it out. It's a safe environment for anyone who wants to experience it. It's kind of like the Richard Petty experience, most people aren't going to race cars or drive recklessly but it provides a safe environment to experience what it's like to drive really fast.

This isn't really a new attraction, it's just a shooting range that's all. They are just marketing to a different segment of people, those who probably would never go to a range but have an interest in what shooting a gun is like. There are ranges in Las Vegas that have been marketing with this angle for a while. Honestly I think this is a really great way for someone who has had a passing interest in shooting a gun to try it out. It's a safe environment for anyone who wants to experience it. It's kind of like the Richard Petty experience, most people aren't going to race cars or drive recklessly but it provides a safe environment to experience what it's like to drive really fast.

I will repost the link the Teebin posted. I remember when this news first broke and it is still as shocking today as it was then http://abcnews.go.com/US/girl-accidentally-kills-instructor-firing-uzi/story?id=25139216

The other issue I have is that it glamorises guns, machine guns at that. With mass shootings happening on a regular basis why would a business want to promote the use of guns surely the opposite would be a far better idea. This "attraction" is ill conceived and has no place in a family park, many will disagree so go ahead and, wait for it.......................................................... shoot me down.

I know this subject can get quite heated. I have seen it play out on TV many times and had conversations with people in the past where they get so passionate about their rights to bear arms blah blah blah. I just want to add that this subject is about guns being used as an attraction in a themepark and not about the second amendment, although my opinion on that is pretty much the same.

Well this is not going to be in one of the themeparks. It is a separate attraction which people can choose to go to. This gun range will not allow little children on site, but usually under 18 would need parents permission anyways. It is up to the parents and ultimately the instructor to determine if a minor is capable, something that was not handled properly in the incident noted. I know it is a cliche to say that guns don't kill people people kill people, but it is true. Guns are more often used in a very thrilling and challenging skill based sport. Just because one instructor at one gun range made a fatal mistake does not mean we should not have gun ranges. As for the glorification they are not creating a market, the demand is already there. If you think about this is just like MiB but with real guns. One of the keys to a place like this is gun safety and education, something you do not get at a laser tag arena where you run around shooting all of your friends.

Does this mean that Publix should stop running its cooking school in Dr Phillips because knives kill people too? Learning how to shoot a gun is an important skill of life, regardless of what your politicians will tell you. Gun ranges are a great way to learn about the responsibilities of shooting in a controlled environment. I'm all for this.

I'd also appreciate a thread title change too.

Does this mean that Publix should stop running its cooking school in Dr Phillips because knives kill people too? Learning how to shoot a gun is an important skill of life, regardless of what your politicians will tell you. Gun ranges are a great way to learn about the responsibilities of shooting in a controlled environment. I'm all for this.

Not where I come from it aint.

I knew this thread would pan out like this I'm bowing out now before it gets nasty. Over and out.

It doesn't have to be. I guess I'll just never understand the logic that the only people allowed to have guns are the criminals and the police officers. Being able to defend yourself is a right you've been granted as a citizen in this country. It'll never be a good scenario if, God-forbid, something were to ever happen and you're at an immediate disadvantage because you cant defend yourself against lawless criminals. Not everybody who owns a gun is crazy, irresponsible, and shot tempered.

I guess Legoland should get rid of it's driving school program, given that it teaches kids how to operate a motor vehicle. Motor vehicles are weapons that contribute to more deaths per year than guns in this country.

Carry on comrades.

What kind of world do you live in or WANT to live in where shooting people is a valued skill set? You people are frickin' insane. If you have normalized high power weaponry into your lifestyle, you ARE the problem.

The local gun ranges (Shoot Straight) that used to rent guns stopped renting guns after a spat of suicides committed with their rented guns in their controlled environment.

There is nothing to stop that from happening here. And being Fully Auto only ups the possible carnage.

I never said shooting people is a valued skill set, I said shooting a gun is. I'd take your point of view more seriously if it weren't for the name calling.

What kind of world do you live in or WANT to live in where shooting people is a valued skill set? You people are frickin' insane. If you have normalized high power weaponry into your lifestyle, you ARE the problem.

Wow, seriously. When your faced with a robber that has an armed weapon, I'm sure you'll like to have a gun and know how to shoot it. I would like to know what "WORLD" you live in. This isn't a fairytale land or one that is all rainbows and flowers. People need to know how to defend themselves, with or without a gun. Just because I know how to shoot a gun doesn't make me a murderer or make me want to kill. I don't even like hunting. But there is nothing wrong with going to a gun range and shooting at targets. Grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

The local gun ranges (Shoot Straight) that used to rent guns stopped renting guns after a spat of suicides committed with their rented guns in their controlled environment.

There is nothing to stop that from happening here. And being Fully Auto only ups the possible carnage.

If someone wants to kill themselves, that's on them. Just because there are a bunch of suicides involving rope, that doesn't mean they should stop selling.

Never understood people who think adding guns to society creates a safer society. Comparing cars or knives to guns is also very silly. Knives and cars have many uses, guns have one use: to kill. Adding more killing machines to the world doesn't make us safer, nor is teaching 13 year olds how to shoot.

Kinda ironic that we're having this conversation 2 years to the day of the Sandy Hook shooting. Nice to see that tragedy didn't change peoples mind on gun control :blank: