Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Or after opening Flight of Passage, Navi River Journey, the ill-fated Rivers of Light, Rise of the Resistance, Smugglers Run, the ill-fated Starcruiser, Riviera, a new tower at Coronado, Runaway Railway, Slinky Dog, Swirling Saucers, Tron, Ratatoille, Cosmic Rewind, a terrible Epcot firework show, then a better Epcot firework show… the pendulum was going to swing back to international sites irrespective of what Universal does. Then once the international sites get/got theirs, the pendulum has to swing back somewhere else.
well aware, just making a light-hearted joke

Reactions: HandsomePete
It's probably Moana, though not in Adventureland so they can have two stores and a restaurant for all that sweet Moana money. Then the Villains complete the loop sometime in the 2030s.

That's good info. I was looking at a map earlier and trying to figure out how exactly they were going to fit all this potential expansion.
It's a massive piece available of expansion.

I think MK can benefit from improvements to what is currently there (Space Mountain refurb, all of Tomorrowland, relocation Peter Pan's Flight for higher-capacity, etc.) but it's exciting to see all of this happening.

It's a massive piece available of expansion.

I think MK can benefit from improvements to what is currently there (Space Mountain refurb, all of Tomorrowland, relocation Peter Pan's Flight for higher-capacity, etc.) but it's exciting to see all of this happening.
Agree with all of that. This expansion will make it a lot easier for the park to soak up bodies when those big renovations happen.

Space Mountain needs a Tokyo style overhaul complete with a proper retracking/rebuild from the ground up. .....also not be an indoor clone of Matterhorn..
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

It's probably Moana, though not in Adventureland so they can have two stores and a restaurant for all that sweet Moana money. Then the Villains complete the loop sometime in the 2030s.
Moana is going to use the Adventureland expansion pad, and will break ground as soon as next year. The Moana concept art that Disney showed us last year for AK... apparently the development of that attraction was far a long, so they're plopping it into another park. It'll give Magic Kingdom something new before Beyond Big Thunder happens which according to multiple insiders on wdwmagic, won't open before 2030.

Moana is going to use the Adventureland expansion pad, and will break ground as soon as next year. The Moana concept art that Disney showed us last year for AK... apparently the development of that attraction was far a long, so they're plopping it into another park. It'll give Magic Kingdom something new before Beyond Big Thunder happens which according to multiple insiders on wdwmagic, won't open before 2030.
Hopefully they use all the available space back there. It would be crazy if they underserved one of their most popular new franchises again (*cough* Frozen at Epcot *cough*).

Reactions: UPSguy
My understanding is this and DHS' expansions were greenlit and hiring started in the past few months, so the project is still early on. I bet they've recently or will soon decide what/when/where. DAK seems separate and farther along, hence why we have what appears to be onsite movement.

My understanding is this and DHS' expansions were greenlit and hiring started in the past few months, so the project is still early on. I bet they've recently or will soon decide what/when/where. DAK seems separate and farther along, hence why we have what appears to be onsite movement.
Yes, similar to what I heard. Tropical Americas will be the next new thing to open at WDW.
Moana for Adventureland is far along because they already did a lot of the work when it was slated for AK.
DHS seems to be finalized, and Beyond Big Thunder Mountain seems to be finalized as well... at least phase 1, the villains isn't a sure thing yet, last I heard.

Yes, similar to what I heard. Tropical Americas will be the next new thing to open at WDW.
Moana for Adventureland is far along because they already did a lot of the work when it was slated for AK.
DHS seems to be finalized, and Beyond Big Thunder Mountain seems to be finalized as well... at least phase 1, the villains isn't a sure thing yet, last I heard.

I've heard none of that.

I am going to guess that DHS and the first phase of Beyond Big thunder will be announced at D23 this year. Villains sounds like that could be saved for D23 2026.

I am going to guess that DHS and the first phase of Beyond Big thunder will be announced at D23 this year. Villains sounds like that could be saved for D23 2026.
I'm not even sure anything of substance for BBTM would get announced this year outside of the fact that they will be grading the land and some cursory nods to what may potentially go there. This isn't like Galaxy's Edge where they're working with predeveloped land. Preparing the site could itself take anywhere from a year to two years.
I've never heard of an omnimover, nor a TLK ride, coming to DAK.
I've heard none of that.
Potentially Viking sized feast of crows about to be held for either side this August.

Last edited: