Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I blind? What’s the big change?

The blues are darker (more a royal blue than currently), and what is now grey appears will be a light pink. And more gold accents.

I like the darker blue, and I don't mind more gold. I'm not a fan of turning the rest of the castle pink, however light it may actually end up looking when finished.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Now that I see a good photo of it... not a fan. The pink completely clashes and it looks like two completely different castles in one.

They’ve officially taken Rose Gold too far.

Reactions: belloq87
It's not as garish as I imagined, but then again they needed to "keep it nice" for the weddings.

I'm expecting that the bulk of the work happen overnights just like the lights going on and off the past few years. They get so many complaints about the crane otherwise, and I wouldn't be surprised to at the very least have a window each day where the castle will be unobstructed for photos.

Potential Main Street West Bypass in progress? When I worked at MK in 2015, they were testing out the idea of this. We would have to count literally every human that walked through with a thumb counter to report back and let them know how much it was being used when it was open as an (unthemed) bypass. Maybe they finally have gotten to the point where it's needed full time like the Eastern bypass at MK.
main-street-usa-west-bypass-pathway-02182020-3.jpg

At the very least it looks like they are putting in a swing gate and general improvements. Looks like the work stops just past this point with the half wall they put up.

Honestly though, what kinda of janky operation are they running at MK these days? Seems like the whole park could use a good refurb right now to get itself back on track. With the 50th looming, you'd think they'd be doing this.