Major Sweets Candy Factory (HHN 33) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Major Sweets Candy Factory (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unlikely to happen since this is in the F&F tents.

Just to clarify, it's not only in the tents right? Are they still using the queue as well?

Legacy's response was to the idea of catwalks and overhead cranes, something which you'd honestly need a soundstage for due to the height requirements to fit them. And even if they're utilizing the queue, you'd need to close things down much earlier in order to build those for the house.

Very good podcast, definitely raised my hype for the house quite a bit.

And to put on my Tim Foyle hat, could Taffy be Oddfellow shapeshifting again? Sweets met him at the dockside, and it's mentioned that Taffy has killed many for his own service before even meeting Sweets.

Wait doesn't that guy in the video have his own HHN YouTube channel ?

Wonder if Universal will have rotating hosts ... Tim Tracker could talk for hours about Goblin Feast

And to put on my Tim Foyle hat, could Taffy be Oddfellow shapeshifting again? Sweets met him at the dockside, and it's mentioned that Taffy has killed many for his own service before even meeting Sweets.
Anything is possible, but I personally don’t think so. I got the vibe that Taffy is just the “bruiser” of the clan that knows nothing but killing.

I really enjoyed the podcast. I’ve been wanting a Major Sweets house since the scare zone. So I was already excited. The podcast just put it over the top for me. If it wasn’t for me being so excited about Slaughter Sinema 2, it would probably be my most anticipated.

So I went on F&F for the first time in a minute yesterday, and the extended queue is still not closed off. The attraction closes August 19th, which would give them 8 days at most to move in house sets if it's being pre-built. I don't think I'd be going out on a limb here if I said that would be cutting it extremely close.

So I went on F&F for the first time in a minute yesterday, and the extended queue is still not closed off. The attraction closes August 19th, which would give them 8 days at most to move in house sets if it's being pre-built. I don't think I'd be going out on a limb here if I said that would be cutting it extremely close.
It’s a different layout this year

It’s a different layout this year

A great example being there is a tent which is butting right up against the usual exit/Ghirardelli facade. (Compared to Chucky where there was a notable gap between the tent and the exit.)

Now a good overhead Bioreconstruct photo would absolutely show this right now, however they haven't gotten anywhere near F&F, so this is the best pic we have so far. You can see the tent right up against the facade/exit.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Things that the Podcast conjured in my imagination:

- An overall vibe for the introductions of each podcast, as well as the overall conceit of this year's marketing concept concerning the strange cocoon/heart of darkness beating within the park: Is it possible that the Entry Arch character acts as the first scare zone, with some sort of emergency occurring where the Arch comes to life, and we get a sort of theme having to do with a kind-of Godzilla/King Kong street invasion and battle against the horrors below the park? This, of course, would be directly either tied to or retconning 22's "Legions of Horror". The sounds definitely recall some real-world fear.

- The opening of this podcast IMMEDIATELY makes me think of not only a genius potshot at EPCOT and Tomorrowland, but also of an extension of the Bugs house. I imagine many of the “period piece” lessons learned from this house will be taken and improved for this house. Universal will get a chance to learn if the "x factor" they ought to lean into is period pieces or insect horror, and if the two can be as successful when split between two houses.

- Seems like they made a small gaffe in the timeline. The parade is meant to take place in 1954, while the factory trip takes place in 1955. Not that ANY of it makes a great deal of sense: If this happens before the parade, then I’m sure the mayor of Progress County would have disinvited Major Sweets from the parade… of course, he must have shown up anyway. Or maybe so many people got killed that no news got out. Though I’m sure a whole school of children missing would have raised some alarm.

- I really, really love the 1955, Progress County aesthetic. Note that the original took place in Northeastern NY, I’m imagining Lake Placid, Olympic architecture that can coexist with the vibes of the 2022 “Tribute Theatre”. The concept of the house having a "laugh track" is genius. I wonder if they will end up incorporating a laugh/scream track into the triggers.

- Interesting to note that, by evoking an "EPCOT-style" city, they may be able to lean into horror by exposing brick walls behind gleaming white facades, which would allow them to expose the back of the F&F:S queue in places.

- Inevitable machete-weilding bully Mary and her dad, Deputy Smith, are giving Andy Griffith show. I'm sure there will be a smart gag about it, and I’m sure that the Deputy will be a featured victim.

- Major Sweets' blue car parked at the McGrus is fun for two reasons: 1) We'll likely see this car in the facade 2) The last name Gru is a great easter egg.

- The Podcast should give us a general idea of the sequencing of the house: The first room more or less begins with a portrayal of Mr. Charlson, the teacher, popping out and reprimanding us to find the kids that have snuck away from us inattentive chaperones. Of course, then we see the children transforming. I’m sure the middle will take us through the “Candy Processing” area. The finale will likely occur in Major Sweets’ office or the stockroom, depending on how dazzling or dramatic the office is.

- I don't imagine we'll see any of the neighborhood houses in this one because it would clash with speculation on the "Triplets" house.

- Taffy seems like a great role in a year with an absence of a roles for big, burly men. Once again, only real overlap is the "Triplets" house - I hope that these two houses don't have too much overlap, they might have been better in separate years or if more intentionally connected. Taffy’s somewhere between Eddie, Jack, and the Treaks&Foons. Note that his voice feels directly inspired by King Candy from “Wreck-It Ralph”.

- Miss Treats seems as though she's getting a bit of a costume update. I think it‘s interesting that she’s so prominent in the street lore, but recedes into the background in this year’s podcast. She, after all, is the one who conceived of poisoning the town and encouraged Major Sweets to consider the murder of his parents the fault of the entire town.

- "Candy Processing" feels as though it may echo some of the steampunkery of Saws and Steam, or Toothsome. I wonder if there will be any direct reference to either.

- This house feels as though it may have some Tooth Fairy vibes, and your mileage may vary on that. I found that house to be rather repetitive, and I wonder what other distinct rooms we will see besides the four obvious appearances.

- Note that this house as of yet does not have candy monsters or “magic”, and instead deals mostly with murder. Wonder if that’s what the execution will be like.