Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mansion, Pirates, Small World, Carpets, get FASTPASS

That's what they want though. On top of collecting endless data which is the overall goal of RFID, this will allow the park to seem busier than it really is and extend a tourists day out, thus making them having to build new attractions (at least in their minds) not necessary.

WDW News Today posted some photos of Magic Carpets of Aladdin.

ibuRkSIARc4thA.jpg

iTFUg5IUOPurt.jpg

The RFID system has been installed at the Haunted Mansion as well.

Yeah didn't see that :lol: But just to add to the convo their another set of these scanners right where the standard and graveyard queues meet back up.

Let me make sure I have this right, this will bring no major changes to the current fastpass system outside of there most likely being less times available for regular guests during the day.

This will do nothing except create longer stand bye times...

Exactly hatetofly. It is never to benefit waiting in line for the guest. Just like any form of "Express" at the theme parks it is a premium service and or creation to make the park more money, not care about your wait time.

Attractions Magazine posted a video demonstration of the Fastpass+ touchscreen:

[video=youtube;cI4x3ZkMEB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4x3ZkMEB8[/video]

From @WDWNT

Modified queue at Laugh Floor is finished, prepared for FastPass+

iWOZwUSOA4gy0.jpg

Last edited:
Well, according to that video, it does look like a decent system. It's not restricting and you can change your fastpass times (or ride) as long as there is availability. While I think i'd be able to use it no problem, I do think it will cause mass confusion among tourists, which goes completely against what the whole NextGen initiative is about.

The entire way Disney runs their restaurant reservation system and now, with Nextgen and all that other Fastpass BS really ticks me off. Trying to get a decent meal, especially at MK, is next to impossible if you don't plan your trip 6 months in advance. And with people being able to reserve ride times months in advance, it means the casual theme park-goer (ie, locals), like me, will spend most of their day waiting in line for an attraction that may or may not be worth it. I don't go to Disney often, and maybe this is why. Having an annual pass is not worth it for me, because I don't have much time off, and even if I did have one, the whole point of an AP is to go to the parks on the spur of the moment. I DO NOT want to plan my theme park trips months in advance. Even if I was planning a vacation from out of town, who the hell wants to micromanage your vacation time that way? That is no vacation, that is work.

The entire way Disney runs their restaurant reservation system and now, with Nextgen and all that other Fastpass BS really ticks me off. Trying to get a decent meal, especially at MK, is next to impossible if you don't plan your trip 6 months in advance. And with people being able to reserve ride times months in advance, it means the casual theme park-goer (ie, locals), like me, will spend most of their day waiting in line for an attraction that may or may not be worth it. I don't go to Disney often, and maybe this is why. Having an annual pass is not worth it for me, because I don't have much time off, and even if I did have one, the whole point of an AP is to go to the parks on the spur of the moment. I DO NOT want to plan my theme park trips months in advance. Even if I was planning a vacation from out of town, who the hell wants to micromanage your vacation time that way? That is no vacation, that is work.
MANY Disney Fans are "Planners". They actually sit at the computer and plan trip to "The World" that they have ABSOLUTELY no intentions of ever taking. Planning second by second fantasy trips is a hobby for them. I believe that Disney is under the impression that there are a lot more of these type of people than there really are. And they really don't understand that for those of us that aren't mentally ill, this type of micromanaging is vacation hell. And create WAY too musch stress while on vacation. Imagine getting your brood of toddlers all in a row for not only Character Breakfast ADRs, but early morning pre-scheduled ride times too. There are going to be a lot of angry parents screaming at kids to hurry up, we don't want to miss our Flying Carpet AAR (Advanced Attraction Reservations).

MANY Disney Fans are "Planners". They actually sit at the computer and plan trip to "The World" that they have ABSOLUTELY no intentions of ever taking. Planning second by second fantasy trips is a hobby for them. I believe that Disney is under the impression that there are a lot more of these type of people than there really are. And they really don't understand that for those of us that aren't mentally ill, this type of micromanaging is vacation hell. And create WAY too musch stress while on vacation. Imagine getting your brood of toddlers all in a row for not only Character Breakfast ADRs, but early morning pre-scheduled ride times too. There are going to be a lot of angry parents screaming at kids to hurry up, we don't want to miss our Flying Carpet AAR (Advanced Attraction Reservations).

Definitely. Some crazy Disney "planners" out there.

However, if you hardly plan, Disney can be a nightmare. I see tourists all the time stepping into the nicer restaurants expecting to just sit right down only to be turned down because it's reservation only. There needs to be a balance between the two and this system only makes it worse.