Mardi Gras 2013 | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Glad not to be there tonight :lol: The Pitbull concert will have this place packed!

@Orlando_United: Putting the Transformers standby line to good use.

BHwl4ZICMAA716F.jpg:large

UPDATE:

@Orlando_United: Found the end of the line for tonight's concert.

BHwtJOzCYAED0Uq.jpg:large

:yikes:

Last edited:
Glad not to be there tonight :lol: The Pitbull concert will have this place packed! :yikes:

Thanks for posting these Felipe. They let the line into the Music Plaza around 6:00p (I think). That filled it about three quarters of the way.

When we left after the MG parade there was a fairly long line of people coming in the main gate for the concert I assume. As we exited the park they started announcing that the Music Plaza was full and no addition people could enter! I guess all the additional people entering could at least hear it.

the crowd control for the Pitbull concert tonight was horrible. They didn't put the barricades up at the end of the Music Plaza and just used the ropes so after the parade a bunch of people went under the rope and pushed their way into the Music Plaza. There was so many rude people in the crowd - pushing, shoving, smoking - and security was no where to be found. We left after his second song because I couldn't deal with it any longer. It took us 30 minutes to get to Guest Services and my daughter got elbowed in they eye on the way there. Again, Security was no where to be found. They were standing outside of the crowd area. There was an EMS Crew trying to get to Monster Cafe that couldn't due to the crowds. We went to Guest Services to state our concerns about the lack of crowd control and there was a huge line there - all of the complaints around us were in reference to crowd control.

I've been to many concerts at Universal. I was really looking forward to seeing Pitbull tonight. It was a huge disappointment.

I was embarrassed for Universal tonight

It was a sea of chaos for Pitbull. I didn't even make it through all of 1 song and I was way back on the Finns side of Transformers. If it's that bad that far back, I can only imagine Music Plaza. I feel for the Guest Services people tonight as well.

It seems Universal still has quite a bit to learn about crowd control, which is surprising and concerning considering the insane crowds they get every year for HHN, select concerts, and then the opening of WWOHP. Do they just not care to actually try and improve their methods, or do the employees doing the actual control just not care about the methods to properly execute them? Likely a combination of both.

It seems Universal still has quite a bit to learn about crowd control, which is surprising and concerning considering the insane crowds they get every year for HHN, select concerts, and then the opening of WWOHP. Do they just not care to actually try and improve their methods, or do the employees doing the actual control just not care about the methods to properly execute them? Likely a combination of both.
I can tell you from recent experience working with events (I don't work there anymore) that they have a set system that gets followed through with to the best of everyone's ability, especially with a concert like this, HHN or high traffic days at WWoHP. The problem tends to boil down to poor communication from all involved after said event gets underway. Also, the best leaders often get sent to work private parties, which also can affect things.

Reactions: Victoria
Yeah, those were Kelly Clarkson type crowds, i'm sure the TM's did the best they could considering the massive size of the crowd.

The problem is there is not enough employees to do crowd control. Uni overall could do better if they had more employees for events like these.

The problem is there is not enough employees to do crowd control. Uni overall could do better if they had more employees for events like these.

The team is surprisingly big. That is why they were able to tackle Potter opening day and the many other days that Wizarding World has hit capacity. It is also why they are able to coordinate events like Grad Bash and GradVenture relatively incident free. With a crowd that large you are going to have issues, it's not a debatable subject. How the company handled any high capacity event prior to the creation of the "Event Operation" team is beyond me. There are still a huge amount of people there and when you have that many people in any one place minor things will happen and issues will too.

Reactions: Victoria
Is anyone going to be at All American Rejects on Saturday? I have a feeling if I want a good spot to take pictures, I'll have to get in a line in the early afternoon, so company and someone to trade off getting food and bathroom breaks with would be much appreciated. :lol:

I've heard they've been trying out a numbers system where they hand out "return slips," but I don't know how it works.