Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2015

The rides don't shut down but take a note rides that are along the parade route will be a little crazy to get out. Due to people standing around for the parade. Aka transformers and mummy. Around 4/5 the Mardi Gras crowd starts to come in. Styxx will bring in medium size crowds. AA I have no clue.

If your going to see the parade. Stay around a area the parade comes twice. Be ready to grab some beads though people will get feisty once that starts. Once the parade ends. The concert starts.

Thanks for answering this question. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how long will the rides be open on a concert night. If the park closes at 9, but the concert starts at 9, I'm assuming the rides around the rest of the park will also be closed once the concert starts? And do they shut off the rest of the park during the concert? Or do the rides remain open, making this a really good time to ride with no lines since most people would be at the concert? I guess I'm assuming the concert starts when the park closes.

Thanks for answering this question. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how long will the rides be open on a concert night. If the park closes at 9, but the concert starts at 9, I'm assuming the rides around the rest of the park will also be closed once the concert starts? And do they shut off the rest of the park during the concert? Or do the rides remain open, making this a really good time to ride with no lines since most people would be at the concert? I guess I'm assuming the concert starts when the park closes.

Queues will be closed off at park closing time. That said, the parade will start an hour before the concert, so you'll have some time to do rides then while most of the crowd watches the parade and moves to the concert area.

I really must say that there's only about 4-6 acts I want to see this year. So happy that they finally got Olivia Newton-John to perform at MG. I've been dying to see her live and she will put on a good show. Kelly is pretty major, I think!

Looking forward to ONJ, Kelly, Heart, AAR, Band Perry and B-52's.

B-52's were great last time, but man has the male lead singer aged. The real thing that stood out to me was how much stronger the back-up female singer has become, she was pretty impressive. AAR was really good last time they were there too, my step-daughters are pretty upset they can't go since it is during seasonal black out dates.

I'm planning on being there for Jessie J, Barenaked Ladies (not to be missed!!!), Becky G, AAR, Styx (Come Sail Away and Mr Roboto... YES!), Olivia Newton-John (The girls just did Grease at school so they would probably dig her), and Kelly Clarkson.

BriMan, mark my words Deadmaus is going to be there this year :p I really hope he is at least

I would love to see a big DJ at Universal like Guetta, Afrojack, Kaskade, Zedd. Ugh. That would be a blast.

I've seen Zedd, DJ Carnage, Skrillex, and Guetta. Out of all the edm guys, Guetta is really the best fit for Universal. He really is a pretty solid crossover artist.

I've seen Zedd, DJ Carnage, Skrillex, and Guetta. Out of all the edm guys, Guetta is really the best fit for Universal. He really is a pretty solid crossover artist.
I'm so jealous of you...Guetta would certainly work..he is the more mainstream EDM artist...also Calvin Harris would be good